Night Howls

Comments

• kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    I did @Sister.
  • cranky_granny
    cranky_granny Member Posts: 690
    It’s stupid o’clock and still awake. No nana nap today had to try cut them out on my days off. The old body was craving one while I was at work. 
    Brain is running way too fast   
    Looks like I’m the only one online tonight. 
    I’ve put the iPad away several times. But to no avail. My nicely made bed looks like the grandkids had a pillow fight on it. The pain killers have worked so can’t blame that. 
    Maybe tomorrow night I might get there. 

• Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    It's a bugger @cranky_granny.  I hope you got some zzzzs in the end.
  • cranky_granny
    @Sister thank you, would love to say i got heaps but i did manage about 4 hours  of rough sleep. Some is better than none at all. 
    I’ll live up to my name today got the school pick up for the next 3 days.
  • SoldierCrab
    SoldierCrab Member Posts: 3,445
    oh Cranky_granny.... it was the night before for me got all my filing done and folded and sorted all the washing.... 
  • Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    @cranky_granny I get it with the bed. I try the sleep hygiene thing. But.
    If i get out of bed for the umteenth time to pee/close the windows/open the windows/let the dog in or out I track all manner of grit into the cot. Maybe I could vacuum during the night instead? Put more, less, lighter, heavier bedding on. Better aircon. No aircon. Quieter fans. Better drugs Kick the farting storm phobic mutt into the laundry.
    Any suggestions that don't involve twisted sheets, broken sleep and random gravel will probably already have been considered. :)
  • kmakm
    Haven't slept before 0130 - 0200 for a few weeks now. Have absolutely exhausted myself with lots of walking in the hopes that I will conk out before midnight tonight. The flip side of that is my ankles are on fire with pain. I don't really understand. I often do lots of walking. Is this something different? Or part of the steady decline into decrepitude that began when I started Letrozole? I haven't taken Tramadol in over a year but I've taken one tonight. Wish me luck Howlers...
  • cranky_granny
    Good luck @kmakm I was just settling in when an almighty storm came through I’ve had to get up and fix the tarps. Surveyed the damage in the garage can’t fix that till the morning after
    get saturated in my nightie battening down the hatches. The clean up will have to wait till the morning. 

• Brenda5
    Brenda5 Member Posts: 2,423
    I slept last night. It was bliss. Never thought I would be thankful for just being able to sleep. Looking forward to some cooler weather soon so sleeping can be even better snuggling under the covers.
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,521
    Hope you didn't get too much damage there, @cranky_granny - from all accounts, it was a vicious storm!  xx

I had a wonderful sleep Mon night after 2 days camping in the rain at a dam!  Well .... I guess they put the dam there because of the rain, eh?  DUH!  LOL . At least I caught some fish!

Has anyone tried Serepax for sleeping?  A buddy takes it - but only 1/4 of a tablet, as it will put her to sleep.  I thought that one had some nasty side effects?
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    @kmakm Not sure if I'm imagining it but I've been swimming laps for 30 mins in the morning when I take my daughter to swimming (I go home and get ready for work while she keeps swimming) and while it tires me out a bit, I feel that my body is a bit better re: stiffness and pain during the day.  I know that when I have done aqua after work, I could fall asleep anywhere. Maybe if you had the energy to try swimming in the early evening it could help with sleeping.  I will add that I'm a crap swimmer and it takes me nearly 30 minutes to do 500m.
  • kmakm
    Thank you for the suggestion @Sister. Unfortunately it's impossible for me to leave the house in the early evening. My husband, when he's not interstate, gets home late most nights, so I have to be on deck cooking dinner and monitoring my niece and nephew. They tend to fight explosively and can't really be left for an extended period of time as a result. Maybe one day a few years from now. K xox
  • YellowRobin
    YellowRobin Member Posts: 52
    3.56 am and still awake. Grrrrrrrr! 
  • cranky_granny
    Last night was a good night at last. Only woke once adjusted the bed and back to sleep till 7 this morning. Now to get ready for the days ahead. 
    Need to form a sleep pattern like last nights i feel so good today 
    no real damage @arpie yesterday was spent drying out stuff. The drains didnt cope so anything not raised off the ground got wet 
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,521
    Good that you got a good sleep!!

Good to hear no real damage, @cranky_granny.   It sure was a helluva system that went thru!

all the best xx