Why not join the Living with metastatic private group? Access group via the link here.

What is up with the bell???

2»

Comments

• jintie
    jintie Member Posts: 114
    I’m sure the bell is a big thing for kids with cancer.
  • Nefertari
    Nefertari Member Posts: 288
    @StarGirl Oh that bell!!
    I have heard of it but not sure if my hospital had it or not? I was abruptly stopped due to PN so went out without fanfare after chemo, like @Zoffiel I was happy to get out, missed the staff though.

At my hospital after radiation we put our thumbprint on a canvas in the shape of a tree, what struck me was how many thumbprints there were already.  Especially when I learnt they were from only the last eight months, sobering.
  • KarynJ
    KarynJ Member Posts: 193
    There was a bell where I had my radiation treatment. I was offered the chance to ring it but politely declined. For me it was because my treatment was quite a lonely experience. The staff were lovely but I didn't bond with anyone. I also had no friends family or support person with me to celebrate or acknowledge my achievement. Doing it alone just felt like I was reinforcing my loneliness and I didn't want to draw attention to myself. I just wanted it to be over so I could go home.
  • Nefertari
    Nefertari Member Posts: 288
    @KarynJ, well belated congratulations on finishing your treatment <3   I am so sorry that it was such a lonely experience for you, that is tough. I hope you have some support now.
  • KarynJ
    KarynJ Member Posts: 193
    Thank you @Nefertari . That is very kind of you. :)