Sharing is caring. Thanks ladies

Karma03
Karma03 Member Posts: 17
edited February 2020 in Day to day
Hi ladies.  Thank you for sharing your experiences, ups and downs.  I get online and just read a few posts every now and then and it really is encouraging and gives me a good laugh at times.  My surgery is in 11 days now...thank goodness, the waiting is the hardest.  I'm having a bilateral mastectomy and I'm actually fine with it, especially after joining this group and reading your experiences.  You are all wonderful.  

Comments

• Blossom1961
    Blossom1961 Member Posts: 2,362
    You are welcome @karma03. I agree. This forum has wonderful participants. 
  • primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    Many ladies before and sadly more to come to follow your path. Good luck with your surgeries  ladies. You are stronger than you think. X

• Nefertari
    Nefertari Member Posts: 288
    Good luck with the surgeries ladies, we are all here for you <3
  • PV123
    PV123 Member Posts: 202
    Thank you @primek and @Nefertari
  • suburbangirl
    suburbangirl Member Posts: 123
    Thinking of you both @Karma03 and @PV123, with your surgeries and treatment.
    Isn't it amazing what we can do and cope with? 
    I am sure at times we don't give ourselves enough credit for our strength.
    Sending you my very best wishes
    xx
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,519
    All the best, @Karma03 & @PV123  - once you've had your surgery and got your game plan, you'll be much more settled.  Many of us are amazed that we do 'sail thru' the surgery relatively ok (compared to how we THOUGHT we'd do!)  It mucks with our brains even more than our bodies!

Make sure you have a small long cushion at the hospital & for the ride home, to support the wounded wings (even whilst in hospital & also to hug when in the car driving home to absorb any bump impacts.)

Take care, take the pain meds & make haste slowly. xxx
  • PV123
    Thanks @suburbangirl and @arpie

I thought I was all ready for the surgery next week but yesterday I hit my toe nail, it is now detached and bleeding.  I just started a new discussion because I am unsure if it is bettter to remove or leave it for now.  
  • arpie
    Oh no!!  If you can get it removed without causing more bleeding, I think that would be the way to go - let the flesh toughen up?

I hope what ever you do, it stops bleeding & hurting & starts to get better . xx
  • Karma03
    Thanks arpie.  Your suggestions are appreciated.  I think waiting is the hardest thing.  
  • arpie
    Other consensus is to leave it on & put a bandage over it to stop it 'catching'.  As @primek says, removing it could make it difficult to wear footwear!

Take care, all the best xx  
  • Karma03
    All the best PV123.  Hope your toe nail doesn't cause you too much trouble.  Sounds like you could do with a nice pamper day.  Will be thinking of you.
  • PV123
    Thank you @arpie and @Karma03
    I went to the GP and had the toe nail removed because I was worried that it might get worse in the next few days.  Fingers crossed it heals quickly and doesn’t get infected.
  • PV123
    Best of luck to you too @Karma03.