Is anyone Type 2 Diabetes with diet control and Diaformin/Metformin Tablets, not on insulin?

Options
arpie
arpie Member Posts: 7,578
Just wondering if anyone has Type 2 Diabetes and on Diamformin/Metformin tablets & diet control, rather than insulin?  Or a partner who is?

My husband is a Type 2 Diabetic & his levels are a tad high just now.  I'll be getting him to the Dr for further tests in the next day or so - but am just wondering what your diet is & exercise regime?   Feel free to PM me if you'd like.

His Diabetes is almost certainly as a result of his stomach cancer surgery & chemo 10 years ago - he was diagnosed as Diabetic about 3-4 years ago.  He only weighs 55kg & is already a life long athlete and still relatively fit, (tho slowing down now with age at 83.)  We also have a pretty healthy diet - all of which are mentioned when blood sugar levels go up.   grrrr

Any info appreciated, thanks xx

Comments

• iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,552
    Options
    Oh damn!  That's hard yards having levels out of sorts. No I can't offer anything but your post reminded me of the trial that was on offer when I was diagnosed - metformin and tamoxifen. 
    https://onlinenetwork.bcna.org.au/discussion/21055/pre-diabetes
  • Hendrix
    Hendrix Member Posts: 324
    Options
    I’m type 2 on metformin...but was pre cancer...but during chemo it spiked pretty high 30 from memory...once I finished chemo it was pretty hard to keep it down...I found removing all carbs helped me and the blood sugar diet by Dr Mosley...good luck x
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,578
    Options
    Thanks for that, @Hendrix.  He’s been out on a different tablet that is a mix of diaformin and something else ... he’ll be tested again in 2 months