Moving to Hervey Bay Area

Nannawill
Nannawill Member Posts: 6
edited January 2020 in General discussion
Hi. I was diagnosed late last year and have had surgery and I am now on Hormone Blockers. Radiation has been discussed but the Oncologist felt it was not necessary in my case.
my question is we are considering a move to Hervey Bay and I would like to know if needed down the track would I be able to access treatment there. 
Tagged:

Comments

• Blossom1961
    Blossom1961 Member Posts: 2,362
    @Nannawill You never can be too careful so I will move to Hervey Bay for you and you can move here to country Victoria. I am happy to make that sacrifice for you 😁
  • Nannawill
    That’s very generous of you. We are moving from Geelong for work and the weather 😊
  • Blossom1961
    I moved from Geelong for work too! Unfortunately, the weather here is not quite what I had in mind.
  • Blossom1961
    @Nannawill In answer to your question. If you were treated at Andrew Love, they jump at the chance to do radiation. So if you were there and they said you don’t need it, then I would 90% trust them. Which for me is pretty good cause I questioned everything and refused the radiation.
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,524
    I believe @Brenda5 isn't too far from Hervey Bay so may be able to put you onto services in the area ... 

All the best for your continuing treatment

big hugs .  xxx
  • Nannawill
    Thanks. They said Hormone treatment was first choice and they felt I don’t need both. Hopefully suitable in my case. 

• Brenda5
    Brenda5 Member Posts: 2,423
    Hervey Bay has an excellent Cancer Care building right across the road from both the General hospital and the St Stephens private hospital. At the end of the short road its on is also a Primary Medical clinic with a swag of GPs. Plenty of FREE parking too!

• Giovanna_BCNA
    Giovanna_BCNA Member Posts: 1,839
    Hello @Nannawill thank you for your question.  You could contact Cancer Council Queensland on 13 11 20 to see what services are available in Hervey Bay area.
  • Nannawill
    Thank you I will do that. 
  • Nannawill
    Thank you Brenda5. It looks like we will be on the move mid year. You have been very helpful.