Advise please - tidy up of dog ears etc

Harvey1903
Harvey1903 Member Posts: 189
Well out of the blue I received a phone call tonight 6:30 that " would I like to come in on Monday 7.00am to Peter Mac to have a 'tidy up' ie dog ears, lipo on reconstructed boob and a nipple".  Now this has been in the back of my mind, and I had 2019 behind me as I was constantly worried about further cancer.  So 2020 was a year that I did not want to think about it.

Now do I do it - or then have to wait another how many years to get it done if needed.  Have you had it done, was it OK, and do I need a nipple?  Just some of your thoughts would be appreciated.  Thanks   Julie.

Comments

• Glynnis
    Glynnis Member Posts: 353
    @Harvey1903 hi ,I havent had that done, but in 2015 I have lumpectomy and the nipple was Involved I the cancer, so had to be removed,do I miss it occasionally I do but 95% no I got use to it not being there I suppose, I have inverted nipples anyway so only came out when cold so now instead of its a bit nippley it's now it's a bit nip lol the joke helps me. Not sure if this helps or not.
  • iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,540
    Well I would say lucky you!  But of course that's from my perspective. 
    The choice is yours to make as a tidy up, finishing off but of course if emotionally you can't face it then you should reneg and revisit later on.
    Take care and best wishes 
  • Harvey1903
    @Glynnis - lol - yes have put a bit of spin on it.  Having a nipple and tuck.  J
  • iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,540
    Good one! 
  • Nefertari
    Nefertari Member Posts: 288
    Good luck with the surgery @Harvey1903 , the black humour really does help with these decisions.  Hopefully that is the end of it for 2020 :)
  • primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    The nipple was huge for me being comfortable with my breasts. I haven't had tattoo yet but just having the nipple makes it suddenly look like a real breast. The side bits annoy me and they will be dealt with in time, when I gain weight it gets really big there  is extremely uncomfortable and looks awful. 
  • Harvey1903
    @primek yes looking forward to looking a bit more balanced.  Not that anyone else sees me naked except husband but i think it will help mentally.  I'll post in reconstruction group when done. J
  • Locksley
    Locksley Member Posts: 911
    edited January 2021
    @Harvey1903 hello did you get your  dog ear flap tidied up.  I hate this part after my  mastectomy.