Bariatric surgery after TRAM

Miss_K
Miss_K Member Posts: 5
edited December 2019 in General discussion
Hi!
First time poster here :)
I'm 6 years post Tram Recon (7 years post BC) I was just wondering if anyone has had bariatric surgery after a Tram? I've done alot of research but I can't find anyone who has and not had any issues with the mesh, any info would be great!
Thanks x

Comments

• arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,524
    edited December 2019
    Hi @Miss_K   Sorry to see you here, but hope someone will jump on re your question soon.  

I did a search on the ‘Discussion’ page (put any word into the 'search' area on the Discussion page)  ... and whilst a few have had TRAM ... I am not sure if any had  bariatric surgery as well.

For some reason, when I try to open the search results, the system won’t let me!  Perhaps @Giovanna_BCNA  may be able to get the web guys to look into that .... saying ‘permission Problem’!

Have you had the bariatric surgery or about to?  My husband lost most of his stomach to cancer in 2010 & bounced back really well - so the more extreme version ....

All the best for 2020 xx

• primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    Well I haven't. But the stomach area they would be operating on is much higher than the tram flap region so I doubt it would be a problem.
    Scans prior will identify the mesh position so the surgeons can work around it.