Friday the 13th! Don't I know it!

Makday
Makday Member Posts: 17
It's not even my 1st cancerversary!
I went to my physio today, been going for months for early prevention of lymphodema and cording. She asks, What is this bruising?
I say, I noticed it last week/two weeks and thought I would keep an eye on it, but it looks to me just like the one I noticed before my diagnosis, and my boob is sore.
She lays a hand on me and says Oh Beth......has a prod and a feel. Best you visit your GP asap. 
I already have a referral for mammogram and ultrasound from the surgeon pre empting my cancerversary in Feb. She says, make two appts, one with GP and another to get the scans done.
Both booked in now, Tuesday for scans Thursday for GP.
GOD , I hope we are both wrong! Not sure how to get through scanxiety without biting someone's head off! 
Thanks for listening , don't want to worry my extended family and friends over a "maybe".
Oh, and the look of ' no way, not again' from my husband was heart wrenching . :( 

Tagged:

Comments

• Afraser
    Afraser Member Posts: 4,354
    Here’s hoping you are both wrong! Unfortunately waiting will not do much for your weekend, but try any distraction. If worry worked we’d all live for ever so, as it doesn’t, best to keep it to a minimum. Very best wishes for next week. 
  • suburbangirl
    suburbangirl Member Posts: 123
    Hi @Makday
    We all know that gnawing, anxious feeling, but all we can do is wait for the appointment, then wait for the results. I very much feel for you as this business is not fun, and I am crossing everything for you that it is all OK.
    Then you can think 'how lucky that we live in a country where we get referred and we get things checked out 'just in case'.
    As you know health professionals always err on the side of caution, and it would be negligent of them not to say 'get it checked out'.
    Good luck and keep us posted! xx 
  • primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    We all get it and I so hope its just a hardened area. Please update us.
  • iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,543
    Sorry to read about your predicament. Good to read your Physio is encouraging. Hopefully it's a precautionary scan with a logical explanation. 
    Take care
  • Shakalker
    Shakalker Member Posts: 84
    Wishing the best outcome for you.
    Gentle hugs xx
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Sorry to hear that.  Hope the waiting time passes quickly.
  • JoeyLiz
    JoeyLiz Member Posts: 339
    Big hugs that it's nothing xx
  • Nefertari
    Nefertari Member Posts: 288
    @Makday, good luck for Tuesday and Thursday, I will be thinking of you and of course hoping for good news x
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,524
    Big hugs and all the best for Tues & Thurs - hoping for good news for you xxx