Cancerversary

Options

Comments

• arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,574
    Options
    Thank you so much @Anne65 xx - we can but try our best.  Some do it with humour, some do it with instruction - but we all hope to get thru it with minimal 'side effects' - and then be able to help others on their own 'journey'!    xx

Yes, having folk around how 'care' and 'get it'  - SUCH a bonus xx

• kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Options
    Thank you @Sister, @jennyss, @kezmusc, @arpie and @Anne65. Your support has been invaluable and much appreciated. Love youse all!

@Sister Yes, happy 2 years to us! And as usual you sum it all up so perfectly. It's like you're inside my head... My resilience is tissue paper thin, the slightest thing knocks me askew. I was never like this before, it's frustrating. I can't see normal service resuming until I'm off the AI. I hold out hope that we'll feel better then. Fingers crossed sweets. K xox

@kezmusc I think it would be lovely if the breastcare nurses could provide a more formal structure to help people through their post-active treatment life. A regular check in, mental health assessment, I dunno, some support beyond woundcare. But they're overworked as it is, and the newly diagnosed rightly take priority.

I hope year two to three will be an improvement. To start with I'm finally on the right dose of antidepressants. Or at least I think I am. While I still feel sad I'm no longer wrist slashy, which is a great relief.

I do try to hang on to the sweet moments, I just wish they'd come around more often! I hope your "soap opera" concludes quickly and has a happy ending. Big squeezy hug lovely. K xox
  • kmakm
    Options
    @Anne65 Thank you for your beautiful post. You are a darling! K xox  :*
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,574
    Options
    Well done, @Anne65 - what an awesome result all round!!   Sad to think that others will be queueing up for the McGrath Nurse now the BreastScreen bus has been around.  :( 

How amazing that you are able to get your results within an hour of the Mammogram!  That is just incredible!  I am jealous.

All the best with the bower kit too - mine came a few months back & was clear too.

All the best for a wonderful Xmas & 2020 ....

Hugs all round xx
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Options
    So very pleased to hear this @Anne65 Great news!  And nice to be sent on your way.
  • Afraser
    Afraser Member Posts: 4,371
    Options
    Well done! I feel for all those who have to wait for mammogram results - my surgeon has a qualified radiologist and a 3D machine so I get the results immediately. I do have lymphoedema (17 lymph nodes went) but, mad as it may sound, it has always seemed preferable to get that little joy soon after surgery rather than twelve years later. That has always felt particularly cruel. Very best wishes. 
  • kezmusc
    kezmusc Member Posts: 1,544
    Options
    That's awesome @Anne65.  Congratulations lovely.
    xoxoxoxoxoxo
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Options
    Excellent post @Annski
  • cranky_granny
    cranky_granny Member Posts: 702
    Options
    my 3 year cancerversary came and went in November amid scans more scans and Drs appointments
    and so life as I know it goes on amid the turmoil of a big family and work
    I'm still hanging in there  somehow 
  • kmakm
    Options
    Dearest @Annski. I've been away for a couple of days so I'm just catching up now. I was delighted to see your name pop up, and as always, loved reading your beautifully written, honest and thoughtful post. And then I saw my @name and was touched by your kindness. Bless you.

I'm so glad to hear you're doing OK. Well better than OK really! Gladdens my heart. K xox 
  • Annski
    Annski Member Posts: 112
    Options
    Dearest @kmakm I read your kind and thoughtful post here and then looked at the time you wrote it and then read your - oh Dear God no- latest post "almost made it" written an hour or so later and I realised you have been submerged in the dark night of the soul at its worst. I will write something there but wanted to send you a personal message as well. Will do so soon, meanwhile I am thinking of you and hoping you at least got a little sleep. Love and hugs, A.
  • JulieVT11
    JulieVT11 Member Posts: 90
    Options
    Also just had my first year cancerversary but was overshadowed by a bit of  scare.  Have had a saw spot on my left rib for the past 4 months and mentioned it to my GP, was then sent for X-ray and ultrasound which didn’t show anything.  GP still not happy so sends me for a bone scan which revealed possible Mets on my right sight rib.  I was then sent for a CT of chest which revealed something on my left rib again but nothing on the right. So everyone confused now so Oncologist then got involved and sent me for a PET scan earlier this week and thankfully it has come back clear and the left rib pain could be from an old fracture last year.  The PET scan also showed I have a bulky uterus (sure doesn’t sound very flattering) and I have to have a pelvic ultrasound in a month or so.  So I have been scanned from head to toe and know that I am now 100% cancer free which is a great feeling to have. 
  • kezmusc
    kezmusc Member Posts: 1,544
    Options
    YaY @JulieVT11 Congratulations.  That's just awesome.  xoxoxo