Lymph nodes removed

Options
Goci78
Goci78 Member Posts: 3
Hi I'm newly diagnosed with breast cancer had surgery on the 22/11/19 after the surgery got very unwell and now I'm all swollen on my left side and my body feels full with fluid on the same side. Has any if you had simmilar experience.
Thank you 

Comments

• Mightystar
    Mightystar Member Posts: 34
    Options
    Sorry to hear love, I assume you’ve spoken to a doctor? I didn’t swell all over but only localised to the breast area, had to be drained a number of times the following 3 weeks. Hope you feel better soon x
  • Goci78
    Options
    Thank you hun for the response I'll talk to the surgeon tomorrow it's very uncomfortable.
  • Brenda5
    Brenda5 Member Posts: 2,423
    Options
    Mine swelled over the xmas newyear break and I ended up going to the ER a couple of times to have it drained. The relief was immediate and Heavenly. I didn't have any infection though.
  • kezmusc
    kezmusc Member Posts: 1,544
    Options
    I had a lot of fluid build up under my arm and a monster seroma that just wouldn't quit in the breast. No swelling anywhere else though. 
      My surgeon wasn't keen on draining anything so close to surgery due to the increased risk of infection and his opinion was they always recollect after which leads to more draining etc etc.  They all have different opinions though.
     As long as there is no infection it will reabsorb over time.  Uncomfortable for sure and do get it checked of course.
    xoxo
  • Goci78
    Options
    Thank you ladies  for the response..
    I ended up again in theatre as I had big hematoma under my arm now have a drain on. About the fluid my surgeon  said that my body will absorb it. Silver chain are coming for visits so fingers crosse they'll keep an eye on me, till my next appointment with the surgeon..
      xoxo
  • Blessed72
    Blessed72 Member Posts: 16
    Options
    Hi Goci78...sorry to hear about your circumstance.
    I had mastectomy with 2 lymph nodes removed. I had a drain and pico for 7 days post-surgery. It was draining about 250ml of fluid per day and wound is healing very well after drain removed.

Silver chain nurses visited for the week drain was in and they were wonderful!

Hope all goes well for you.

All the best😇