Night Howls

Comments

• Blossom1961
    Blossom1961 Member Posts: 2,362
    @kamada I had a hiatus hernia too. Just a little one. They can no longer find it in the endoscopy. Not sure if chemo helped, but it certainly didn’t cause further damage. I thought the reflux was related to the hernia, but nope, the chemo was the culprit.
  • iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,540

• kamada
    kamada Member Posts: 70
    That is really interesting @Blossom1961. I was told mine was small too so who knows what they might find next year during the indignity of dreaded flush and inspection! The somac has eased the tummy problems quite a bit but still woke up after about 4 hours sleep and here I am an hour later having given up on nodding off again for a while. Will ask for some zzz tabs if this keeps up after off the steroids I think. @iserbrown that is wise advice because we have to remember that this shitty disease affects everyone slightly differently because our bodies are unique and respond differently. I am concentrating on putting the fear of this treatment not preventing reoccurrence aside when I see the reality of what has happened to so many on here and a few of my closest friends and I know I am not alone in that struggle. I had to learn how to deal with catastrophizing when family members developed serious conditions and those techniques are sure coming in handy now. Anyway there is a little bird singing outside my window so will see if he can sing me a lullaby. 😘 all. 🤞😴 
  • JJ70
    JJ70 Member Posts: 983
    Apologies for going awol - all my spare time is spent on the Can at 40 campaign (on FB : @Can40Do45). It is going hammer and tongs atm. So many stories to process and messages to answer, merchandise to send! I have designed bumper stickers, mugs, tshirts and tote bags! PINKTOBER left me gasping for a free minute or two. 
    I have been sleeping really well too - until tonight....when my husband has a dream about being chased by a tiger snake and kicked me hard in the kneecap. Could not go back to sleep, tossing and turning. Oh no, not this old chestnut! Then I realised why.....scanxiety - mammo and ultrasound day today. Two years since diagnosis last Friday. Fuck I hate this time of year. Nervous Nellie November.
  • Afraser
    Afraser Member Posts: 4,352
    Best wishes for your tests! Nervous sure but then there’s that sweet relief.....
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,521
    All the best for your scans @JJ70.  Fingers and toes crossed for good results xx  It is 2 years this week since my lump was found.  
  • cranky_granny
    cranky_granny Member Posts: 690
    Sleep where are you i have to be up at 5:30am. I can see today is going to be a long arse day. 
  • cranky_granny
    cranky_granny Member Posts: 690
    yuk it 5:30 and i last saw 4 am just wish i could turn work off for the day. 
  • Beryl C.
    Beryl C. Member Posts: 270
    crranky_granny in the first few months of diagnosis, tests, treatment decisions etc I didn't sleep well and asked my GP for help with that. I took a prescription sleeping pill for a couple of months. I figured I had enough to cause anxiety without being anxious about loss of sleep. A friend also suggested I start the day with a protein breakfast, not sure if it helped but it was something I could do for myself. In these early stages there can be a sense of not being in control of your life, a friend says 'it's like slipping on fishes' - asking questions, taking notes and becoming well informed also helped me. Hope you sleep well tonight.
  • iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,540

Hope this is where you get too soon!
  • Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    My brain now thinks it's a good idea to spring into action at 2:30. I usually get up at 5 so even if I do, eventually, get back to sleep the bloody Hound comes in moaning about wanting to go for a walk at 5:15. It's 6 pm and I am so screwed. Again
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    OMG I'm having the worst hot flush. I think I'm going to spontaneously cobust...
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Stay away from dry grass!!!  (ouch)  Did you get on that research study in the end @kmakm - you may have already said but my memory leaks badly.

I'm awake and stressing a bit about the wind with the slight smell of smoke it brings even down to the suburbs.  About to go and wake up the youngest and take her to the local pool where I will probably embarrass myself again with my inability to swim 50m lengths.
  • Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    Practice makes perfect, or at least a little less mortifying @sister
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,521
    I had a beautie yesterday too, @kmakm!   I thought I was going to miss out on them, but no!  Then wide awake until 3am this morning when I took a temase .... then didn't want to get up at all!!

I can't remember the last time I did 50m lengths, @Sister - you can count the number of times I've been swimming in the last 20 years on one hand!  LOL . I prefer to be on top of the water, not in it!   I too can smell one particle of smoke in all the air that is around us & start looking ... We've been blessed with much cooler days over Xmas, tho today is hotting up again.  Our grass crunches when you walk on it, so spikes your feet!  Walked barefoot on a black driveway the other day - bad move!

Take care ladies - all the best for 2020 xx