Comments

• Afraser
    Afraser Member Posts: 4,354
    Happy birthday! 
  • Annie C
    Annie C Member Posts: 849
    @Kat09

A Very Happy Birthday.

Warm Kimberley wishes to you for a birthday filled with love, laughter and happiness.

Annie
  • Anne65
    Anne65 Member Posts: 425
    @Kat09 Hope you have a special day & celebrate!! xx
  • Nefertari
    Nefertari Member Posts: 288
    @Kat09 Happy Birthday, hope you have a lovely day! 
  • Mira
    Mira Member Posts: 678
    Happy birthday Kat, I hope you have a great day :smile:
  • Giovanna_BCNA
    Giovanna_BCNA Member Posts: 1,839
    Wishing you a very happy birthday @Kat09 kind regards
  • jennyss
    jennyss Member Posts: 1,951
    Dear Kat09, I hope you have a wonderful birthday

• kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    @Kat09 Many happy returns! K xox

:)   <3   :* 
  • Kat09
    Kat09 Member, Dragonfly Posts: 269
    Thanks to all of you for your kind Birthday wishes, the big 50 for me this year! I have had a few hiccups lately as my 3 monthly scans in Oct showed the Xeloda ( oral chemo ) had stopped working and in the words of my oncologist my cancer has exploded. I now have numerous mets to my spine , new mets in my lung and liver. adding to all that fun was that the cancer had caused my C7 vertebrae in my neck to collapse ( no wonder I was in pain ) So I had a 2 stage op in mid October to replace the vertebrae with a mesh cage , plates and screws. Whilst recovering from that and waiting the required 3 weeks to start my new IV chemo Abraxene - I woke to severe pain in my left hip, lower back and leg , off to emergency CT scan showed I had a pathological fracture to my L4 vertebrae, again caused by the cancer. This thankfully however was not surgical and I have returned home fitted with a custom back brace and a box full of high end pain meds that I am slowly needing less and less thankfully. My new chemo starts tomorrow and I am so keen to be receiving some type of treatment again to get this fkr under control. I will also be having radiation to the several spots in my spine in the near future. It is amazing to me that I can be so healthy and yet all of this is going on inside me. I am confident that once on chemo again things will settle and again we will go back to a different normal, til the next hiccup at least. I can not express how incredible all the medical staff have been that were and are involved in my care at The Epworth Richmond, every one of them made an extremely scary and stressful time a lot easier to cope with and I thank them all. Looking forward to hooking up to that magic potion tomorrow and taking some control back!!!
  • iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,541
    Best wishes 
    Take care
  • Riki_BCNA
    Riki_BCNA Staff Posts: 323
    Wishing you all the best @Kat09 for your new treatment. Take care of you and it is wonderful to hear about the great support you have at your health service.