thank you for my birthday wishes

Options
wendy55
wendy55 Member Posts: 774
Hi ladies,
to all of you who sent me birthday wishes for October 25th,I say a very big thank you, you know who you are!. I havent been very active on the bcna online forum, in fact I havent been very active at all!Life has been very quiet, chemo three weeks out of 4, and as its a 4 hour round trip and then factor in the chemo infusion it makes for a very long day,however, you do what you have to do,my hair is growing back all white and curly, at 64, not sure about the white, however I will take whatever comes.It has been 4 months since I have been on abraxane and whilst in the beginning it had very little side effects,it seems to be catching up with me,however its a lot better than the vinoralbine that I was on before.
Its a beautiful spring day and I have just been outside and picked some of my glorious roses,they are my pride and joy and the best I have had so far,to all of you I wish you well and hope that you are all chugging along okay, or as best you can.Its been 6 and a half years since my original diagnosis of metastatic breast cancer and I would like to think that I will still be writing to you in another 6 and a half years, this was not how I had planned my retirement, however its all a matter of how the cards fall.
I am so very fortunate that I have the most caring,loving and supportive partner, who at 75 I am sure did not plan on looking after me,
but he has taken on the job and is simply a champion.
I had a phone call from my oncologist this morning and he is trying to get me on to a access program for a combination of drugs, so things are looking up, I will not know all the details until Nov.16th but certainly is something to look forward to.
So with the sun shining and a blue sky outside, things are looking up!!!.
Once again, thankyou, your ongoing encouragement and support is very special, and at times is simply what gets me through the day.
Wendy55 

Comments

• iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,552
    Options
    Take care dear @wendy55

Enjoy the roses 

Hugs 
  • jennyss
    jennyss Member Posts: 1,959
    Options
    Great to hear from you @wendy55, you copper triangle gal. ( I am a South Australian in exile, from Port Elliot way, now living in NSW). Best wishes from jennyss in Western NSW