Why not join the Living with metastatic private group? Access group via the link here.

Are you a member of the private Living With Metastatic Cancer group?

Options

My name is
Rachelle and I am based in Melbourne. I have MBC and joined the newly formed MBC
Advisory Group to help BCNA, at this stage, with the revision of the Hope &
Hurdles hardcopy guide and to inform BCNA of emerging issues affecting people
with metastatic breast cancer.

I have also put my hand up to be a group leader
of the private ‘living with metastatic breast cancer’ group to encourage people to share
their experiences and support one another. I will also keep you informed of the
advisory group activities and welcome your thoughts on the good things and gaps
in care that you may experience in your local areas to share at committee
meetings.

I see that people are more active in this forum but I was hoping, along with BCNA, that we can transfer the activity to the private group, where people may feel more comfortable to be open with their posts/comments yet feel reassured that all posts remain private.

If you are not yet a member, please consider joining. If you are a member, perhaps you would like to post your story under the Stories announcement.

Comments

• DaffyD
    DaffyD Member Posts: 9
    Options
    I've just put a request in to join thanks for bringing this group to my attention
  • Rachey73
    Rachey73 Member Posts: 54
    Options
    I have written a little speel to join, but when I pressed ok to submit, nothing happened....    It has been a while since I have been on the website.  First diagnosed in 2011 and the sucker came back last year. Grrrr   So am a little rusty and which groups I am in and not it.  
  • iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,552
    Options
  • Riki_BCNA
    Riki_BCNA Staff Posts: 323
    Options
    Hello @Rachey73 and welcome back to the online network. I have sent you an invite to the metastatic breast group. 
  • Deebs
    Deebs Member Posts: 18
    Options
    Not sure how to join this group could someone please invite me? diagnosed bc in June 2013 now Mets to bones July 2018 on Ribociclib letrozole and denosomab 
  • DaffyD
    DaffyD Member Posts: 9
    Options
    Deebs if you go to the groups section and click on join
  • Giovanna_BCNA
    Giovanna_BCNA Member Posts: 1,839
    Options
    Hello @Deebs I have sent you an invitation to join the private Living with metastatic breast cancer group.
  • Deebs
    Deebs Member Posts: 18
    Options
    Thanks guys 
  • Palmbeachprincess
    Palmbeachprincess Member Posts: 39
    Options
    Hi, so rusty too. 
    How do I join this group? 
  • iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,552
    Options
    @Palmbeachprincess

Hi!  In response to your question here is the link

https://onlinenetwork.bcna.org.au/group/2-living-with-metastatic-breast-cancer

on the right hand side of the banner you will see a button that says Join

Best wishes as you work your way through where you are at and hopefully it all settles soon
  • Benmamy
    Benmamy Member Posts: 29
    Options
    Hi @Giovanna_BCNA
    i know it’s been a while since this thread has been active but I have trouble to join the group too. Would you mind helping me as well?  Thank you in advance💖
  • MoiraC
    MoiraC Member Posts: 173
    Options
    Hi @RachelleRachelle -this is great to see you taking up this role. Thank you so very much and for your advocacy for us all. I haven't been on line for awhile as this group didn't seem to be getting much traction. I did try sometime ago. So thanks and will try to contribute a bit more from now on 😎
  • HD4873
    HD4873 Member Posts: 6
    Options
    I, too, am appearing to have problems joining this group.  Hit the JOIN button, complete the question, but some days later, still nothing.
  • RachelleRachelle
    RachelleRachelle Member Posts: 34
    Options
    @Giovanna_BCNA have there been more people that have requested to join the group but are yet to be approved? Is anyone here still having trouble joining the group after visiting the link: https://onlinenetwork.bcna.org.au/group/2-living-with-metastatic-breast-cancer and clicking on the Join button?
  • Riki_BCNA
    Riki_BCNA Staff Posts: 323
    Options
    Hello @Benmamy and @HD4873 I have sent you an invitation to join the private MBC group. I will follow up on this tomorrow @RachelleRachelle