Life - is it metastasis or not

cranky_granny
cranky_granny Member Posts: 690
edited October 2019 in General discussion
Life has been one heck of a roller coaster since I was on here last,  Just when I had been back at work and  full steam ahead with life and plans and  Feeling great about life. Then is went to trash. This year I lost my dad in May to Esophageal cancer it took a year, then  My Brother in August lung cancer (well actually the cancer hadn't got him yet but the pneumonia did.
then to top it off at my annual oncology  check I mentioned that my tailbone seemed tender, more often ( i had put it down to sitting at the desk for too long without moving. got sent off  for a  bone scan the  result possible metastasis on tail bone plus a small spot on sternum so off to have CT with contrast same result, this time with measurements. 
Back to the Oncologist tomorrow for the next step  whatever that may be.
Such is life 
Tagged:

Comments

• Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    Shit bags. Stick with the term possible until it's confirmed. Which hopefully it won't be. Mxx
  • Anne65
    Anne65 Member Posts: 425
    @cranky_granny You have certainly been through a lot, poor thing! We are all sending you love & strength & fingers crossed for a negative result...you are due for some good news. Try to stay positive. love & hugs xx
  • Shakalker
    Shakalker Member Posts: 84
    Sending you hugs and best wishes xx
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,521
    Sorry to hear of your Dad's and brother's passing - what a tough year you've had . :( 

All the best for your results - fingers and toes crossed that all is clear.  
  • arpie
    AWESOME that your kids were with you to bamboozle the Dr!!  

All the best for your change of meds & ongoing treatment xxx
  • primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    Oh bugger bugger. I have so many acges from my AI I always worry I'll miss something but I guess it just keeps getting worse. 
  • cranky_granny
    Well that's the Drs done for today. After being poked and prodded inside and out. Left there with directions to wait for the phone call re treatment 5 rads over 5 days. 
    Get home and receive a call from  Doc we have a change of plans, seems he had a get together with the other oncologists, I am now to have a PET scan.  There could more to this pain then meets the eye or so they think.  So now waiting for the phone call regarding when the scan will be and wait for another phone call regarding the results.
    the fun of this.  The best case scenario will it  won't mets after all, though the other scans point to that,  fingers crossed. 
  • Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    Best of luck MXX
  • Michele B
    Michele B Member Posts: 136
    Fingers crossed for the best possible result for you xx
  • arpie
    Fingers and toes crossed @cranky_granny xx

• Nefertari
    Nefertari Member Posts: 288
    @cranky_granny I hope all  goes well with the scan, you deserve a break xx 
  • Giovanna_BCNA
    Giovanna_BCNA Member Posts: 1,839
    Hi @cranky_granny been thinking of you and hoping for some good news.  Take care of you.
  • cranky_granny
    The PET is scheduled for 1st November 
    I just want the answers yesterday 🤣
    know thats not going to happen 😶
  • cranky_granny
    It 2:40am and having yet another sleep disturbed night this week. And i have to leave for work at 7:30 bar humbug. Still waiting for the results of the PET scan. 
    Just want answers  and some sort of order. My boss does the roster 2 weeks ahead and wants my availabilities  but no word from the clinic. 
    I know he thinks there is something else going on In addition to the met on my sacrum. Maybe it’s something simple. So its not a priority but hell its doing my head in. 
    At this time in the night I’m having a pity party with myself and its not letting me get back to sleep.