You are invited .......................

Comments

• Blossom1961
    Blossom1961 Member Posts: 2,362
    @Zoffiel Great about the extra money, shame you have to work for it, sad about the foot, sad about you not being able to make it. Happy to have your wine for you 🤫
  • Anne65
    Anne65 Member Posts: 425
    @Zoffiel You poor thing. If it doesnt rain...it pours!!!! Sounds like you have been in the wars along with half your staff. Take care of your foot & as you said, I bet your pain threshold is a lot stronger after what you have endured through cancer treatment. Enjoy the extra $$$$ at work & perhaps use it to spoil yourself afterwards. Pity you will miss the festivities but I'm sure there will be other gatherings. take care xx
  • Blossom1961
    Just to let you ladies know, I will not be letting possibilities stop me from enjoying myself. A glass of wine, a cocktail, chocolates, bacon, ALL are on the okay list. So don’t bother telling me that they are carcinogenic because I just don’t care. 😘🥂
  • Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    @Blossom1961 everything should be on the OK list every once in a while.

Normally I'd add rider that LSD isn't a great idea at our age, but the more I read the more interested I become. Could it rewire our ravaged brains?  I'll never find out since those days are long gone for me  (and it didn't seem to help then) but I still keep reading and wondering. If I ever get desperate enough to experiment I'll surely let some of you know :) So, no tabs, but a glass of bubbles on my behalf would be grand. Mxx
  • Afraser
    Afraser Member Posts: 4,352
    Consider it done! 
  • tigerbeth
    tigerbeth Member Posts: 539
    Looking forward to catching up with the ladies over the weekend.
    Anyone else thinking of joining us ? Message me & i'll give you my mobile no to make it easier !!:)
  • Afraser
    Afraser Member Posts: 4,352
    Dear all
    We have booked for dinner tomorrow (Saturday) at 7.30pm at BangPop (Thai) at 35 South Wharf Promenade. To get to South Wharf, you need to
    head down Flinders Street, cross the Webb Bridge and head towards the Melbourne Convention Centre, then towards the river. Any problems, message me or @tigerbeth, and we’ll pass on mobile numbers, arrange to meet up beforehand and travel together, whatever! Look forward to seeing you all. 
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Have a fantastic time and don't forget the photos!  And stuff the wine - have a disgustingly alcoholic cocktail for me!
  • Blossom1961
    @Sister Sounds good. Do you think the others will carry me back to my motel?
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    I'm sure they'll oblige - or drag you...
  • Blossom1961
    @Sister I hope you like espresso martini’s because that is what I had for you. Bonus, it had no calories for me as it was yours!
  • Annie C
    Annie C Member Posts: 849
    Ah ladies. What a lovely backdrop for a lovely meal.

Judging from how well wrapped up you all were, it is probably wise that I did not attend - I would have been the one with icicles hanging from nose and ears and requiring a hot toddy to warm the "innards".

However at 5:30pm (8:30 pm your time) I took Blossom's advice and raise a glass of "Annie's Lane" (of course) merlot to you all, accompanied by a chocolate or 3.

• Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    Nice. I'd have wanted to drive the carriage--I'm a terrible passenger :)