Advance notice - BCNA Queensland Conference 12 & 13 October 2019

Comments

• TonyaM
    TonyaM Member Posts: 2,835
    Thanks for info Laura.I just went to book The Royal Pines resort and their website is telling me that it’s all booked out for 11th,12th, and 13thOct Can this be right? 
  • Laura_BCNA
    Laura_BCNA Member Posts: 168
    Hi @TonyaM I know they are booked out on the 11th but let me check with the venue about 12th and 13th. The Royal Pines have also recommended the Mercure Resort as the closest hotel nearby.
    Thanks, Laura 
  • Laura_BCNA
    Hi @TonyaM I have spoken with the venue and they have said there is one room available on the 11th, and there is availability on both the 12th and 13th, so not sure why the website is showing as booked but give them a call if it is still showing that because they definitely have rooms available. Thanks, Laura
  • TonyaM
    TonyaM Member Posts: 2,835
    Thanks thanks for that info Laura.
    Regards,Tonya
  • Lisa Janelle
    Lisa Janelle Member Posts: 45
    Hi what time is this starting. 
  • Giovanna_BCNA
    Giovanna_BCNA Member Posts: 1,839
    Hi @LIsa Janelle,
    From 9 am till 9.30 am is registrations and morning tea. the Conference will commence at 9.30 am till 3.30 pm.

• Kristen
    Kristen Member Posts: 110
    i was just sharing to facebook & my BC support group the new link for the 2019 meta conference webinar in Qld. To balance the information  I was going to share the  older link for the early breast cancer survivors 2018 melbourne conference recorded webinar  but was sad to not be able to find it anymore. There was a lot of good information in that. Shame it not available on on BCNA  you tube channel.   If anyone knows of a link still working then let me know.
  • Laura_BCNA
    Hi @Kristen thank you for sharing the conference info with your support group. You are correct about the Plan B conference recording, the on-demand link hosted on our webcast providers website has expired. We are currently working on getting it uploaded onto our YouTube channel so you will be able to view it again soon. I'll let you know when it's uploaded, it might be a few days. Thanks, Laura
  • Kim P
    Kim P Member Posts: 3
    My experience with the hotel is that although the website says booked they are holding rooms for attendees, but you need to call direct.
  • Patti J
    Patti J Member, Dragonfly Posts: 589
    Is it possible to participate online?
  • Rosie_BCNA
    Rosie_BCNA Member Posts: 217
    Hi @Patti J, You are able to register to watch the live webcast of the metastatic forum on Sunday by clicking on this link http://www.webevent.com.au/register/
    You can also watch it later as it will be available as a webcast by the middle of next week.  
    Here is the program so you know what sessions are on at what time. 

• Patti J
    So, @Rosie_BCNA., it isn't possible to participate online?
  • Rosie_BCNA
    Hi @Kristen, The Plan B Survivorship conference link is available http://https//www.bcna.org.au/understanding-breast-cancer/resources/webcasts/plan-b-survivorship-conference-webcast/
    @Patti J, the conference is being live steamed. I'm just checking if that means you can submit questions. Is that what you mean by participating?  
  • Patti J
    Sure, @Rosie_BCNA.
  • Rosie_BCNA
    Hi @Patti J, i have checked and viewers watching through the live stream will not be able to submit questions during the stream. This is due to technical limitations. If you have something you wish to ask please let me know & @Riki_BCNA will ask for you as she is there.