Lymph nodes under the arm and neck area.

Chea
Chea Member Posts: 29
edited October 2019 in General discussion
Hi to you all. I am interested in knowing if anyone has had Radiation to the neck area and what was the outcome. I have been on Letrozole for two and a half years to shrink the BC and the nodes. Has been working up to now.??? Last scan showing an increase in size of all. Neck area has always been inoperable. 90% Estrogen 50% Progesterone. Hormonal Cancer. Thank you all in advance. :-)

Comments

• suburbangirl
    suburbangirl Member Posts: 123
    Hello @Chea,
    I am unable to answer your question but just want to say 'hi'! 
    I am sure someone will come online soon and help with your query.
    My very best wishes to you,
  • Chea
    Thank you Suburbangirl. Hi to you too. 🙂 Just thought someone may have or been through something similar and wanted to share. Best Wishes for you also. Take Care. 😍
  • lrb_03
    lrb_03 Member Posts: 1,267
    Hi @Chea. I had radiation to my supraclavicular nodes and the internal mammary chain as part of my treatment for EBC.
    IMC is the area around the top of the sternum. That skin turned red very quickly and has remained discoloured for 3&1/2 years now. I guess I'm stuck with that. I had no problems where thay treated above my collarbone. 
    I don't think that really answers your question, but I hope it's helpful in some way
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    I also had the superclav area but I don't think that's what you mean.  For me, I had a slightly scratchy throat but so minimal that I'm not sure it was the rads.  I have some discolouration under the arm but not noticeable anywhere else - I think the Mepitel film took care of that.
  • Chea

lrb_03 said:

Hi @Chea. I had radiation to my supraclavicular nodes and the internal mammary chain as part of my treatment for EBC.
    IMC is the area around the top of the sternum. That skin turned red very quickly and has remained discoloured for 3&1/2 years now. I guess I'm stuck with that. I had no problems where thay treated above my collarbone. 
    I don't think that really answers your question, but I hope it's helpful in some way

• Chea
    Hi Irb 3. Thank you for getting back to me. You have been helpful. The medical terms are what are the confusing issues. ?The superclavical nodes are what I have above the collarbone and deep. Seeing a Radiologist on Monday but am still confused as to whether to start or not. ?? My cancer is classed as ILC. :-)
  • Chea
    Hi Sister. Thank you for answering my post. Yes I have superclavical nodes in my neck and deep. My cancer is classed as ILC as I have lymph node involvement in the under arm as well. Seeing a Radiologist on Monday but still not sure to proceed or not. ??? That is why I was asking the questions to be a little more informed before I go see. :-)
  • Sister
    ILC is the variant of cancer - it does not refer to where it has spread.  It stands for Invasive Lobular Carcinoma (IDC is ductal and is the most common) - both of these can spread to the lymph nodes.  Have you had a professional (GP, Breast Care Nurse, etc) go through your path report with you?  It may be worth doing so to understand what is being proposed.
  • Chea
    I do understand Sister. I guess after reading my post again the wording was not good. I have had a good talk to my GP today and feel much better about going to the Radiologist on Monday and Oncologist the following Monday. I do thank you for your reply. Best Wishes. 😍
  • Sister
    I wasn't sure whether it was just the way I was reading your post when I responded but thought I should anyway just in case.  I'm glad that you have found a professional to talk to and feel better about your appointment.
  • Chea

Chea said:

lrb_03 said:

• Chea
    Thank you again sister. Will let you know how I go on Monday. How are you going?. I see you live in Adelaide. We just did a trip on the Murray and several days in Adelaide. We all had a great time. Can you show me what I do to make the  previous comments from Irb smaller. What have I done. 🤔
  • Sister
    I have no idea why that happens with comments sometimes - hopefully someone else can fill you in! 

The Murray is beautiful but I don't get there often enough - I do like our beaches, though.  I've had a mostly relaxing few days down on Yorkes but not ready to go back to work, yet.  One thing I would suggest with summer coming up is that if you haven't already got a rashie for swimming, that you get yourself one.  Rads make the skin photo-sensitive and you absolutely want to avoid burning.  You can get women's fairly cheaply these days - Kmart & Target have them.  I have both  short & long sleeve depending on the weather and how long I'm out.
  • Patti J
    Patti J Member, Dragonfly Posts: 589
    @Sister. I use my son's rashie from primary school. ☺
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    There are also reports of chemo and hormone blocking medications making people extra sun sensitive as well. But we should all be covering up anyway! Any tan is skin damage. I spent time with a friend recently who says she rarely uses sunblock. Crazy in my opinion. And she complains about her wrinkles! I had a very early melonoma on my calf a few years ago. Because of its position I had to have an operation under a GA. Not fun. Slip slop slap! K xox