International FLAT day

Kash
Kash Member Posts: 27 ✭
edited October 2019 in General discussion
Happy International FLAT day to all YOU FLAT & FABULOUS Women.πŸ’ƒπŸ’ƒπŸ’ƒπŸ’ƒπŸ’ƒπŸ’ƒ
Tagged:
Β«1

Comments

• BlackWidow
    BlackWidow Member Posts: 268 ✭
    Wish I was FLAT but I am only 1/2 flat and was never offered a full FLAT !!!
    Hope all are well.
    Β :)Β 
  • Kash
    I was a uni at first. Had the other off a year later. You can ask your surgeon to do it. Prophylactic mastectomy!
  • SoldierCrab
    SoldierCrab Member Posts: 3,445 ✭
    LOVE being flat <3

• Shakalker
    Shakalker Member Posts: 84 ✭
    I am a uni, flat on both sides sounds so much better.
  • Kash
    A spent 12 months freaking out it would come back in the other boob! So went back to my surgeon and asked,Β  can i have a prophylactic mastectomy? No questions asked. Booked me in.
    Β I have piece of mind know which is very important to me. Of course like we all do i remain vigilant!Β 
    Being flat is no walk in the park as any of this fucked up cancer business is!
    Together, sharing our stories and embracing our differences is how we get thru this disease called breast cancer. And what we truly need is a CURE!!!
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960 ✭
    I'm a uni, too.Β  Surgeon will take other side if the anxiety gets too much but I've had enough of treatment for the time being.
  • Blossom1961
    Blossom1961 Member Posts: 2,362 ✭
    Uni here too! Biggest problem is my clothes pull over to my real side so my clothes neckline never sits straight even when I am wearing my prosthetic.
  • Kash
    Had same problem when i was a uni. I found some great tank tops that worked well. The Boody range. Fabric is very soft with no seems. Holds everything in place.Β  Better than constantly rearranging your top and foob!
  • Blossom1961
    Blossom1961 Member Posts: 2,362 ✭
    @Kash Where did you buy them please?
  • Kash
    I still buy stuff online or some of the large chemist stores sell them.
  • LIttleBlueWren
    LIttleBlueWren Member Posts: 88 ✭
    Unidentified as well. Finding it hard to dress now the weather is warming up. Oh to find the perfect bra/prosthetic solution.
    Winter was so much easier as I could cover up in bulky clothes.
  • jtee
    jtee Member Posts: 24 ✭
    Hey there, I am considering a prophylactic mastectomy too.
    On New Year’s Eve, I was diagnosed with Stage 3 breast
    cancer. I have a fast-growing, triple-negative tumour in my left breast that
    has spread to my lymph nodes. It requires six months of chemotherapy, a
    mastectomy and removal of my lymph nodes, and radiation therapy.
    I have found treatment really tough (I am only halfway through the first leg of the triathlon!), and really don't want to ever have to do it all again. If you don't mind me asking, did you embrace flatness or do you wear prosthetics?Β 
  • Kash

Kash said:

Happy International FLAT day to all YOU FLAT & FABULOUS Women.πŸ’ƒπŸ’ƒπŸ’ƒπŸ’ƒπŸ’ƒπŸ’ƒ

• Afraser
    Afraser Member Posts: 4,354 ✭
    Being only a half flat, I get only half a day! No regrets - I have found a prosthesis simple and easy. My background and diagnosis indicates that I am no more likely to get cancer in my remaining breast than elsewhere (I know, that’s a funny sort of reassurance!) so mono-boobed I remain.Β 
  • AllyJay
    AllyJay Member Posts: 942 ✭
    I had a bilateral mastectomy in 2017 and have remained flat. In the warmer weather, going out to the shops and so on, I do wear my prosthetics, but more to put the public at ease, rather than for myself. Once I was out and about without them and a little girl of about five called out in a high, carrying, falsetto voice "Look mummy...that lady has no boobs". The mother was embarrassed, the child was confused, and I felt quite awkward about it all. In winter, I wear a big loose scarf which covers my flat frontage, and at home or visiting family, I go as is.