Why not join the Living with metastatic private group? Access group via the link here.

Hello and liver

Palmbeachprincess
Palmbeachprincess Member Posts: 39
edited October 2019 in Metastatic breast cancer
hi all
thought id introduce myself. 43 with 3 kids
I had bc 10 years ago. 2 years ago back pain and a scan showed Mets to sacrum. On xgeva and femara and in remission after radiation. Then most recent scan showed a met in my liver. Anyone else on a similar shitty path with the liver. I did a silly thing and looked at dr Google. Big mistake! Seeing my oncologist next Wednesday. 

Xxxxxx

Comments

• Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    I'm not in the same situation but just wanted to say welcome.  What shitty news.  Dr Google is never a good place (but we all go there) - remember most of the stats are out of date.
  • Rachey73
    Rachey73 Member Posts: 54
    Hi There.

I had bc 8yrs ago and last year found mets on spine and hips.  I've had progression twice on my liver and have only just started my 3rd line of treatment (IV chemo Eribulin) to try and stablise it.  

Good luck with your Onco appointment on Wednesday and I hope they can give you a treatment plan that will kick its ass.

Hugs to ya.

Rach 
  • Palmbeachprincess
    Thanks for your reply. Are you having chemo? I’m dreading being told chemo is the plan and I ll loose my hair again 
  • Palmbeachprincess

Rachey73 said:

Hi There.

I had bc 8yrs ago and last year found mets on spine and hips.  I've had progression twice on my liver and have only just started my 3rd line of treatment (IV chemo Eribulin) to try and stablise it.  

Good luck with your Onco appointment on Wednesday and I hope they can give you a treatment plan that will kick its ass.

Hugs to ya.

Rach 

• Palmbeachprincess
    Thanks for your reply. 
    So good chatting to other members to this shitty club. I had an awful experience recently with my breast care. A charity spa day was offered, and the ladies with bc went in between 9 and 1 and ladies with mbc had the afternoon sessions. I could not make afternoon and asked if I could  join morning, however basically told no, for fear of I guess putting the bc ladies on a negative path. Really felt alienated as if I was contagious 😷 
  • Afraser
    Afraser Member Posts: 4,352
    Somebody else spoke on the network about a similar experience. It seems a presumably well intentioned position of organisers rather than the consensus of participants. Don’t let it put you off attending, most of us find the determination and commitment of those with mbc inspiring. 
  • Patti J
    Patti J Member, Dragonfly Posts: 589
    Yes, @Palmbeachprincess, I  had the same reaction when I  went to participate in an Encore program. I was told that I would frighten those with early stage breast cancer. Their loss!
  • iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,540
    That's sad and extremely ignorant! 

My Exmed Cancer group was a combination of different cancers and different stages.
    We had an afternoon tea together where we could talk about our treatment if we wanted.  I was fascinated to learn one lady, a little younger than me, had been diagnosed triple neg in one breast and HR positive in the other breast.   A couple were stage 4 but very relaxed and giving. One was BC and the other Hodgkin's Lymphoma.

Don't let their ignorance spoil it for you!

Take care and best wishes with ongoing treatment

• kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Disgraceful discrimination 
  • StarGirl
    StarGirl Member Posts: 135
    Hi @Palmbeachprincess, it’s different for everyone, but I was diagnosed stage 4 bc with liver Mets June 2015 and post-chemo I’ve had no trouble with my liver at all. No symptoms and liver function is normal. I credit all the wine and G&Ts for awesome liver fitness 😱😉 . Wishing you all the best xx