(Hopefully) At the end of my journey

Options
2»

Comments

• Anne65
    Anne65 Member Posts: 425
    Options
    @CatPie What an inspiring post! Love & strength to you. Your mantras really hit home. I believe strongly in what you wrote. No matter how rocky your road, someone out there is doing it tougher.
    Acceptance of the cards we have been dealt. Dont fuel our cancer about stressing about what we cannot change no matter how much it sucks! Deal with the here & now & the factors we do know & not about things that may happen in the future that may not even eventuate.
    What a road you have ridden but one thing that resonated with me is "Paying it forward". I live by this a lot & also love the movie of the same name, if you feel like a BIG cry. My journey has been quite easy but i would like to think that the little I have learnt, I can pass on to others & give them advice, encouragement, support & love. Its the best feeling to know you have helped someone a little through all the ordeals we have experienced & the knowledge we have gained. It sort of lessens the pain we are feeling.
    I wish you all the best. You are an inspiration & you are already helping others because of your post & that is a wonderful gift. love & hugs xx
  • Flindersia
    Flindersia Member Posts: 9
    Options
    Thank you for your post.  I will take all you have send of board.
  • Tigergirl
    Tigergirl Member Posts: 23
    Options
    Your treatment schedule sounds similar to mine, although I am one round off finishing chemo before radiation. I too found the vibe in the Day Infusion room was positive and supportive. I do relaxation and meditation and attend a support group run by my breast care nurse ( thanks to the McGrath Foundation). I know what you mean, don't need eople to say well done, just to let others know that with support and a good mindset you can cope much better than I thought I would.
    My mantra is
    FAITH - have faith in my medical team
    TRUST - trust their decisions
    BELIEVE - believe everything will be ok.

• Caz1
    Caz1 Member Posts: 382
    Options
    Catpie,thanks so much for this.  I am right at the start of my journey.  Your words are perfect for me right now.  I’ve saved your post to look at when I need to.
    Warmest regards Caz1 xx :)

• strongtogether
    strongtogether Member Posts: 167
    Options

Hi folks.

My wife had her first Taxol Carboplatin treatment last week. It was a rough weekend with pain, nausea, headache. I was hoping this would be a bit easier than the AC. I am still hopeful that it will, and that its just a case of getting the wheels back on the tracks. I guess its nice to read - again - and this is at least the third time - that its not all going to go smoothly. There will be bumps and bruises.

Love to you all.

• kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Options
    So sorry to hear that @strongtogethe. Give our best. I hope it gets easier. K xox
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Options
    Best wishes @strongtogether
  • kitkatb
    kitkatb Member Posts: 442
    Options
    I really hope it does get easier for your wife @strongtogether and my thoughts are with you both.  This disease truly sucks but keep your eye on the prize. xo