October get together !

Comments

• kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    What about a simple schedule,  perhaps something like going for a walk round the Tan, followed by lunch in the Botanical Gardens. Then maybe a movie in the City followed by a meal. People can come and go depending on their schedule. If there are country or interstate visitors we could meet on the Sunday morning for a wander round the Arts Centre market, followed by lunch. We can check if there are any freebie or cheap performances on round there.

Thoughts?
  • Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    If I come down it will just be a day trip, so it would be good to know which day is likely to involve lunch and I'll block it out of my roster.
  • Blossom1961
    Blossom1961 Member Posts: 2,362
    I am locking in both days so anything works for me.

• BlackWidow
    BlackWidow Member Posts: 268
    I am not sure if I can attend at the minute but will try to do so.  Either day would suit me and lunch is great as it could possibly be a day trip.  Has anyone thought about:
    1.  Those of us who are not really fit and may require disability access ?
    2.  The proximity of public transport for ladies coming from regional and rural areas ?
    Just throwing the thoughts out there.
    Anne
  • Blossom1961
    Hi @BlackWidow I am coming from regional Vic and will be catching a train into Southern Cross. I will then hop on a tram to the motel and will tram hop wherever I need to go. The CBD is fairly easy to negotiate if you have a Myki card. Most trams have those step lowering thingys.
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    My suggested itinerary was all based in or near the CBD and included a variety of activities. Earlier I suggested a BC fundraiser lunch but that didn't get any response. Has anyone else got any ideas? What would people like to do? I'm open to doing a variety of things as long as they're not too expensive! The NGV is free...
  • Afraser
    Afraser Member Posts: 4,352
    I’ll make a bid for Sunday rather than Saturday. The restaurant at the Botanical Gardens is good (Jardin Tan) but busy so may need a booking. There is also a Cafe by the lake. Art Centre market worth a look, but some may need to tram rather than walk from the Gardens. NGV is free and has varied exhibitions but the Terracotta  Warriors will be over.
  • tigerbeth
    tigerbeth Member Posts: 539
    @kmakm your suggestions are great ideas & am happy to organise what the majority would prefer. 
    Still the issue is the numbers attending , at the moment it seems we don't have anyone coming from interstate & only a few from regional Vic . @Afraser those restaurants sound like a good idea , will look into them . 
    Happy to still do Saturday & Sunday or only Sunday if that suits everyone.

all suggestions welcome but will need to lock in plans ASAP 
    looking forward to catching up 
  • LIttleBlueWren
    LIttleBlueWren Member Posts: 88
    I'm going to be there. I'll be available anytime over the weekend.  I do plan to check out the hiking shops on Little Bourke St over the weekend but that is all that I have planned.
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    I'm sorry that I can't make it but hoping you all have a fantastic time.
  • Anne65
    Anne65 Member Posts: 425
    What a wonderful weekend you lucky ladies have to look forward to. Lots of food, wine, laughter, networking & HUGS!!! So lovely of you to organise this @tigerbeth & I am sure all that attend will have memories to last a lifetime. Meeting up with forum friends is a special time so make the most of it. Unfortunately, I wont be able to attend as I will have just returned from a family visit to NZ! All the best for a fantastic weekend & look forward to hearing all about it & seeing some pics! xx
  • Blossom1961
    @LittleBlueWren I am hoping to book in to the Jasper for the weekend. Just need to double check with my new bosses on what day I can leave as I usually work weekends. I am happy to do the hiking shops with you. They often have great deals on little Bourke.
  • Blossom1961
    @LittleBlueWren Atlantis has some great deals on trivago. Maybe we should reconsider?
  • LIttleBlueWren
    Hi @Blossom1961
    I'm happy with either place. I plan to book everything this week. I will be there for Friday and Saturday nights.

It would be great if you came along to the hiking shops, I am particularly interested in the Backpacking Light shop, always good to reduce the weight.
    cheers
    Janelle
  • LIttleBlueWren
    @Blossom1961 The Atlantis does look good. Let me know which one you book and I will do the same.