October get together !

Comments

• Afraser
    Afraser Member Posts: 4,352
    At the other end of the spectrum, the Jasper is worth a look online. It used to be the YMCA many years ago but offers normal motel type rooms (own bathroom) at a very modest price for the city. It’s close to the Queen Vic markets.
  • Blossom1961
    Blossom1961 Member Posts: 2,362
    @Annie C is coming and I have been told she already knows where she will be staying. Not sure if that is correct but I am waiting to hear before I book in. I would love to stay close to one another so we can have brekky together if we so desire. @LIttleBlueWren
  • tigerbeth
    tigerbeth Member Posts: 539
    Sorry ladies I'm current sailing in Croatian! I will get organised on my return xx
  • Blossom1961
    The Jasper looks nice thank you @Afraser. What do you think @LittleBlueWren? Annie C may not make it and it sounds like most women are travelling infrom their homes each day. We will wait for @tigerbeth to get back from her holidays and take it from there. One of the other ladies who rarely uses the forum has also told me she is interested. @tigerbeth Is there anyone coming who is under forty? My young friend is only thirty so it would be nice for her if there was someone more her age.
  • kabash
    kabash Member Posts: 28
    I would love to come to something, and it should be easy cos I live in Melbourne, but it will depend on how I am travelling with my treatment I guess. I am not as young as your friend @Blossom1961 (I am 44) but I am young at heart!
  • Blossom1961
    @kabash Hope you can make it. Poor Melbourne won’t know what hit it! Let’s party. xxx
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    I've just discovered this event, the Breast Friend Brunch from 11.30 - 3.30 on Saturday 20th October. It's a six minute walk from Mentone station, so very doable for those without cars. Could be a fun thing to do, and it's for a good cause. What do you think?

https://breastfriendbrunch.com/about-the-event
  • Flaneuse
    Flaneuse Member Posts: 899
    @Blossom1961 My eldest grandson (11 y/o) said to me, "You and Mummy need to be blessed by the caffeine gods in the morning before you can do anything."
  • Blossom1961
    @Flaneuse My thirty two yr old daughter agrees with your Grandson re. me. Smart kid your boy.
  • LIttleBlueWren
    LIttleBlueWren Member Posts: 88
    @Blossom1961 The Jasper looks lovely.
  • Blossom1961
    Is this still on @tigerbeth? I am going to book in The Jasper if it is otherwise it will be booked out. All who are interested let tigerbeth know so she can confirm or otherwise please.
  • Afraser
    Still in my diary! 
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    @tigerbeth is back. I'm sure she'll be along soon. It's in my diary!
  • tigerbeth
    tigerbeth Member Posts: 539
    Hi Ladies , yes i'm back from another great holiday in Croatia. 
    This is still definitely in my diary , however we have not had a big response from the interstate ladies (which this was designed for),having said that the Melbourne ladies will still have a great time. 
    For any new members wondering what this is we are intending to have a get together the weekend of Oct 19 to meet , share stories , have fun , have a rest whatever you like !
    Please let me know asap if you are interested in joining us ,either on here or direct message me with any questions .
  • Afraser
    Can we narrow down as to whether we catch up on Saturday or Sunday? I often volunteer on Sundays - I’ll keep it clear for this but be good to know what suits everyone best. Regards