Newly Diagnosed - TNBC - Mantis

124»

Comments

• kitkatb
    kitkatb Member Posts: 442
    Congrats Mantis. Done and dusted.
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,524
    Awesome, @Mantis - tick that on off BIGTIME!!  

Well done

Yep, I reckon you'll find Rads pretty easy after this  xxx  All the best   xx

• Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    One year down!  Many more to go!
  • Anne65
    Anne65 Member Posts: 425
    @Mantis Great to read your news! What a year it has been for you but you have done it & come through the other side. CONGRATS to you! It tests us all & we never think it will be over but we all get there eventually. Wishing you continued good health, strength of spirit & keep running!! Love & hugs xx
  • onemargie
    onemargie Member Posts: 1,264
    @Mantis. I’m a bit late in this conversation.  I pop in every now and then but I’m so busy with work and life these days. I had TNBC stage 2a grade 3 (3cm tumor) left boob may 2016 aged 43. No family history. Was tested for the gene as I was under 50 and had TNBC which I was negative for. All scans clear and no lymph nodes involved. I had dose dense chemo 4 rounds of AC 2 weeks apart and 4 rounds of paclitaxol 2 weeks apart. No rads as I chose to have a mastectomy and I also took the right one off as my guts told me too (my choice).

the crew have given you some awesome advice and it sounds like you’re managing well so far with the shit storm that is chemo which is good. I have a heap of bananas and scarves if you’d like them. They started with me and they have gone to NSW and VIC. I’d be happy to send them to you if you like ?  Otherwise I was just about to post to see if anyone else wanted them. They have been added to each time they’ve been given out so there is a great selection to cover your noggin in you’d like. Just let me know. Biggest hug. You’ve got this girl. Margie xx
  • Mantis
    Mantis Member Posts: 61
    edited September 2019
    Thanks so much for the offer @onemargie 😊 I actually finished chemo in January so all done with scarves and bandanas 😂

Like you, I’m not in here as often now but when I was first diagnosed  I was desperate for some good news stories, particularly for TNBC, so I thought I should finish my own active treatment story. Thanks so much for the support and hug xx
  • onemargie
    onemargie Member Posts: 1,264
    @Mantis that’s great. You’d have some fuzz on top now for sure!  As I said I’m not up to date as much these days. If anyone else wants them just let me know 💕