Lymphoedema Sleeves

kmakm
kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
I don't have lymphoedema but in my internet noodling today I came across these. Thought they looked rather fun. No idea if they're any good but the woman I saw wearing one has had cancer three times and seemed pretty happy with her sleeve.

https://lymphedivas.com/
Tagged:

Comments

• Afraser
    Afraser Member Posts: 4,354
    I‘ve been tempted to get one a few times but as far as I can tell they are only available online so I can’t check the pressure level. Some excellent designs though. 
  • Vangirl
    Vangirl Member Posts: 350
    I have got one of their sleeves, they are okay but don't come in a wide range of sizes like the one ordered by my physio which was a Jobst brand one.
  • Afraser
    That’s what I thought - I’ve got a Jobst made to measure. But would be fun on occasions! 
  • Vangirl
    Vangirl Member Posts: 350
    Yes they are nice in the different colours and patterns. I am going to check with my physio if they are okay to wear regularly given the not-exact sizing.
  • Afraser
    Mine said not to, but fine for a special occasion. But it will depend on the individual case. 
  • Glynnis
    Glynnis Member Posts: 353
    @kmakm they are gorgeous patterns on some of them, I have lymphoderma would be great if anyone knew of somewhere in Oz that has them
  • Afraser
    Mine said not to, but fine for a special occasion. But it will depend on the individual case. 
  • Flaneuse
    Flaneuse Member Posts: 899
    Very expensive for a special occasion. Think I'd rather spend it on an outfit and wear my free public health flesh-coloured one. 
  • Afraser
    Which is why I haven’t bought one yet! And the ones I like best won’t match anything I own! 
  • Glynnis
    @Flaneuse free public health one?? I’ve had to pay for both of mine
  • primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    My lymphodema physio measured me and worked out which was okay for me. I don't always have lymphodema but have experienced it after traveling so have one for then. 
  • lrb_03
    lrb_03 Member Posts: 1,267
    They are sold in Australia under the name Lymphedonna
    The website is:

lymphedonna.com.au

My lymphoedema physio recently took over management of this product in Australia. They are said to be class 2 garments but certainly they are not as strong as my jobst garments. They certainly couldn't replace those. Liz has said it may be ok for me for occasional wear only, but not as a replacement for my usual garments.

There are some great designs
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    @glynnis The lymphoedema rebates vary from state to state.  I live in SA and I believe that it is the only state that currently has no rebate.
  • Glynnis
    @Sister Thank you, I'm check with my physio next month I seem to remember doing a form to perhaps get them cheaper but will look into it
  • lrb_03
    lrb_03 Member Posts: 1,267
    @Glynnis, the ALA (Australasian Lymphology Association) website has some information about what rebates are available for each state, as well as other useful information 
    Here's a link to the rebate page

https://www.lymphoedema.org.au/about-lymphoedema/compression-garment-schemes/