On the spot

Blossom1961
Blossom1961 Member Posts: 2,362
I had to make a decision today and my response was based on what I currently feel up to coping with. Hubby is very disappointed. My previous fantastic feeling has since plummeted. I feel BC has robbed both of us of so much. Maybe I just need to get away. Thank you ladies for being here for me. I’ll feel better tomorrow.
Tagged:

Comments

• arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,522
    Comforting hugs coming your way @Blossom1961 .... hoping your joi de Vivre is back tomorrow xxx
  • Afraser
    Afraser Member Posts: 4,354
    This too will pass. It’ll look huge today, smaller tomorrow and probably of no real significance in a year. You can only make decisions in the present. And they ultimately are the only decisions that count. Best wishes. 
  • Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    You can get away up here if you like. The train trip is cheap enough ( as it bloody should be)  Mxx
  • Blossom1961
    Well, I won’t be living far away from you soon. Thank you for the offer, however I need to start packing and cleaning. We accepted the job.
  • Zoffiel
    Ah, I think I know the job you mean. If  you still want contact with an oncologist, you can share  mine. He's a sweety.
  • Blossom1961
    It has been a huge week. I am still close to tears but a sleep has helped. A friend is coming over today to do a jigsaw with me so that should pick me up. The initial offer of a job was exciting but the negativity of family followed by my unwelcomed decision has destroyed that. Oh well, onward we go.
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    It's so hard when your nearest and dearest don't share your excitement. This happens to me quite often. Try not to let their reactions colour your experience of your joy. Honour your individual spirit and sit with your happiness. It may be a small flame but it's yours. You can't control their reactions but you can control yours. You're happy with your decision? Hooray! Don't rub it in their faces but don't hide it either. You do you! Big hug, K xox
  • iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,541
    @Blossom1961
    Hopefully you are starting to feel a little better about the decision. 
    Time out in the way of a walk in the fresh air or whatever may help otherwise perhaps speaking to a  BCNA Counsellor or if you already have a Counsellor of your own to gather some coping mechanisms and an understanding and acceptance. 

• Zoffiel
    You've had little control over your life for a couple of years. Thanks for that, BC.
    If you now feel it's time to try to claw back some of the monstrous costs of the disease by getting a job doing something you are comfortable with in a place that is not exactly in Siberia, good for you. It sucks when people don't share your enthusiasm but sometimes if you look at their motives for trying to jamb your brakes on, it makes all the more sense to follow your instincts. It's probably not that wise to inform them of your insight (learning that lesson took a while) but it's your life and your turn to be in the driver's seat. Go for it MXX