Feeling Lost

Comments

• Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Good news!
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    As these things go @Felicia29, that's good news. I'm happy for you, and well done on getting through this tough part. Onwards and upwards! K xoz
  • kitkatb
    kitkatb Member Posts: 442
    That is good news for you.  ( not that anyone wants this mongrel disease )  But sounds like it is all contained and that's great.  The waiting is just the pits but you can now move forward with a plan in place. Nothing ever prepares us for this diagnosis but good on you for getting through one of the worst bits.   xox
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,521
    That's great news @Felicia29 - all the best xxx

• Anne65
    Anne65 Member Posts: 425
    @Felicia29 Such great news! Congrats!! You must feel like a weight has been lifted & like most of us, you were over worrying when things havent turned out too bad at all. Sounds like you have the same diagnosis as me. Mine was Grade 1 but aggressive, no node involvement so just had lumpectomy, rad for 3 weeks & i didnt need any medication. if you recover like me, you will be kicking goals sooner than you know. I breezed through rad with my Mepitel film so hopefully you will be the same. Give yourself a well earned rest now but keep up your exercise to give yourself as much strength as you can to recover from your upcoming surgery. The fitter & stronger you are physically & mentally before makes a big difference. Glad you can now talk to your kids & plan your path forward. A BIG box ticked!! Love & hugs xx
  • Felicia29
    Felicia29 Member Posts: 23
    Thanks so much @Anne65. I definitely do feel like a weight has been lifted. That waiting period was the worst and it was so good to have had the support here. Now to get on to the next phase, and thankfully I eat well and exercise so I will keep that up in the meantime. 
  • primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    Fantastic news.
  • kmakm
    It's really good to like and trust your team. It's a long relationship. Good start! K xox
  • Anne65
    @Felicia29 Thinking of you & wishing you love & strength as you prepare for your surgery tomorrow. I imagine you are full of anxiety & nerves & that is natural. You have a surgeon who you like & trust & these professionals are amazing at what they do so you will be in good hands. I pray you will have clear margins & everything will go smoothly. Look after yourself & take help from family & friends. i reckon you will be up & running again in no time & if you are a regular exerciser & eat well, that will help in your recovery. All the best. Love to you xx
  • Felicia29
    Thank you so much @Anne65 for your encouragement and support. It means so much xx I have been anxious and nervous but I'm feeling a little better this evening knowing this next step will be done soon. I am continually encouraged by medical staff at different hospitals telling me my surgeon is very good.  My favourite cafe have supplied me with a good supply of their special chai tea so I am coming home to some comfort and I am all set for tomorrow. I will let you know how it all goes.
  • Anne65
    @Felicia29 Hoping your surgery went well & you are home recovering now surrounded by lots of cups of chai tea!! Been thinking of you & hoping the pain & discomfort is minimal...if not, then maybe something stronger than the tea is in order!!!! Love & gentle hugs xx
  • Felicia29
    @Anne65 thank you for thinking of me. The surgery went well, I continue to be blessed by the medical staff I have look after me. I'm home snuggled by the fire and the pain today isn't too bad. Just need to learn to sleep in weird and wonderful positions so that I can catch up on my sleep and get my emotions in check a bit more. But I'm getting there xxx
  • kmakm
    Good to hear @Felicia29. Let the tears flow. It's good to get them out. They'll stop eventually and you'll feel better. You have to go through the emotions to come out the other side. K xox