Creative Corner!

Comments

• Annie C
    Annie C Member Posts: 849
    @Sister
    The workmanship, colour choice and techniques employed in the other first place entries were of a very high standard, especially the winning quilt. I took note and learnt a lot.

Thankyou every one for your kind comments. So very much appreciated.

This forum is certainly one to be valued and cherished. At a time, when we are all preoccupied with our own dilemmas, our members take the time to think of, support, congratulate and value other members.

• kitkatb
    kitkatb Member Posts: 442
    Absolutely stunning. Such a talent.   xo

• SoldierCrab
    SoldierCrab Member Posts: 3,445
    Annie C what a beautiful craft woman you are ... Congratulations 
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,521
    Absolutely stunning, @Annie C ... I don’t know how you have the patience for that!

her daughter will treasure it for life xxx

• Beryl C.
    Beryl C. Member Posts: 270
    @ Annie C I agree with your comments about the importance/value of a creative outlet. Thanks for posting. I enjoy seeing what others have done.
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Exquisite @Annie C   <3
  • Annie C
    @Beryl C.

Stunning. I love how the colours blend.

And you do something that I do not have the patience for - handquilting.

• jennyss
    jennyss Member Posts: 1,951
    Dear @Annie C and @Beryl C.
    Thanks for posting your beautiful and different quilts. My mother was a dressmaker and quilter. From the 1960's she made clothes for us four girls and herself. Judy only ever bought material for the backing of quilts, and she  made a lot of quilts; but somehow her fabric chest was always overflowing!
  • cranky_granny
    cranky_granny Member Posts: 690
    Doing my night prowl, prompted after seeing the psychologist today, I’m on here looking for inspiration of how to resurrect a hobby. From looking through the many posts from the past. I’m going to clear a path to my sewing machine and overlocker. I’m so glad I didn’t give away all my material etc in my downsizing flurry. 
    Im going to make use of it all. I haven’t mastered holding needle and thread with the numb fingers. But can thread the machine needle. Cheat of course it has a needle threader. 
    Its been so long since I have made anything of any substance. I hope I haven’t forgotten how. Apart from hems and split seams.
    The advise from psychologist is don’t aim too big straight away.  So first will be clear the path.
    And for the time being hide the embroidery and tapestries.  
    Wish me luck. I’ll  take a pic of the job ahead tomorrow 

• Annie C
    @cranky_granny

Needle threaders on sewing machine are the best invention for we older folk with eyesight that does not focus where it should.

I really wish there was a needle threader on my 45 year old Brother industrial straight sewer machine, but I love that sewing machine so much that I am content to battle on with a magnifying glass and a torch to thread the machine's needle.

Looking forward to the photo/photos of your creation.

I simply could not function if I did not spend at least an hour and a half a day in my sewing room, dreaming, designing, plotting, planning, scheming or just sitting. My sewing room keeps me sane - well, at least I think so.
  • cranky_granny
    cranky_granny Member Posts: 690
    Hi @Annie C first pic  is the mountain I have to climb first
    in that cupboard over the back is every type of material you could think and behind the cot mattress is the sewing machines 
  • jennyss
    jennyss Member Posts: 1,951
    Dear @cranky_granny, At first I thought you had two ironing boards! It will be great to get in there and get that machine humming. Will look forward to more photos, and love to hear more about what material you've got.
  • iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,540

@cranky_granny
    Agree that something creative does wonders for the mind. 
    Suffering bone pain lately and putting effort into cushion and throw rug.  Drs appointment yesterday nearly hit the roof with the prodding but my blood pressure reading was excellent.  I put that down to the creative project 

Take care and happy sewing