Energy surges

KayB55
KayB55 Member Posts: 75
edited August 2019 in Health and wellbeing
Have had a couple of interesting days. Yes, unlike most of you I am only in the first cycle, just about to head into week 3. My energy surged back yesterday (morning) and then again this morning. Got heaps done throwing out clothing I will never wear again and tidying up, etc. etc.  but then after some advice from a friend, I realised that I was a bit out of control and so have acknowledge that I genuinely have to step back, stop interfering, let go and let my replacement do her/my job at work. Such a trivial issue - Kay, get yourself a hobby!
Tagged:

Comments

• Blossom1961
    Blossom1961 Member Posts: 2,362
    @KayB55 I think I got OCD when I was having my AC treatment. Once the nausea subsided, the steroids kicked in. My family asked if I was having the nesting instinct, cheeky sods.
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    I went at it when my energy came back in the first couple of cycles of chemo. Too much of course. Pooped myself out. But such a relief to be able to move again after that poisonous lethargy. However by cycle three I didn't really get much of a bounce. Take it easy Kay! K xox
  • KayB55
    Good advice as I discovered last night with a night in hospital. 
  • kmakm
    Oh no! What happened? Are you home now?
  • KayB55
    Yes, bleeding where there should not have been not really related to the energy surge - not sure -- all good today and home again - nothing is quite as wonderful as my own bed, own sheets and own windows, albeit a bit dirty!  Will follow up with oncologist on Monday and then  am going to have an appointment with my local GP who has treated me for a long long time and get more details. He is a big details person and I am better equipped to handle things if I understand. 
  • kmakm
    Good you're home. I'm a detailed understander as well. I ask a lot of questions of my doctors and nurses. Look after yourself, K xox
  • KayB55
    kmakm Many thanks