3am

Options
KayB55
KayB55 Member Posts: 75
edited August 2019 in Day to day
Is there something special about 3am. I had my first chemo on Monday and just starting to realise why I am on sick leave. Nothing serious just not me but I notice that 3am is becoming my friend, I sleep well, wake have a cuppa and something to eat and then read a bit and then back to bed for another couple of hours. A bit of constipation but am dealing with that. 

Comments

• Afraser
    Afraser Member Posts: 4,371
    Options
    Ah, who knows what starts it off but I have been waking at 3.30 for years. I don’t really get up, but have some milk, do some sudoku and actually quite enjoy the deep quiet (well, if my husband isn’t snoring!) and then go back to sleep. Occasionally I am awake till 5 or later which isn’t quite as good but mostly it’s a little night ritual. 
  • strongtogether
    strongtogether Member Posts: 167
    Options
    Remember the matchbox 20 song? It's about the same 3 am. 

And she says baby
    It's three a.m. I must be lonely
    Oh, when she says baby
    Well I can't help but be scared of it all sometimes
    And the rain's gonna wash away I believe this
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Options
    For me it was more about 4am when I was having chemo. But then I've always been a night owl! You might like to check out the thread called Night Howls. You might find some company there in the middle of the night. K xox
  • KayB55
    Options
    As always thank you for your advice. Now that I am up and around feeling a bit better but gosh, this is interesting.  Regards
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Options
    What's the name of your chemo regime @KayB55?
  • KayB55
    Options
    Docetaxel, doxorubicin, cyclophosphamide, pegfilgrastim