Why not join the Living with metastatic private group? Access group via the link here.

Podcasts

Options
Patti J
Patti J Member, Dragonfly Posts: 589
Today, there is an article in my local paper about the Cancer Council podcasts called "The Thing About Advanced Cancer". Apparently they were launched this week.

There are 10 episodes which look at what it means to have advanced cancer.

Topics include treatments, hope, life and loss. They are hosted by broadcaster Julie McCrossin who had cancer.

The first two are now available. The rest of the episodes will be released over the coming weeks.

They are not breast cancer specific.

Comments

• lrb_03
    lrb_03 Member Posts: 1,267
    edited July 2019
    Options
    That's great @Patti J. Even though not bc specific, many of the issues will be similar.  
    I've listened to some of their "The Thing About Cancer" podcasts, and they're quite good.
    Julie McCrossin had cancer, thyroid, I think and has been keen to give back. 

Advanced cancer is an important  issue to talk about.  As you well know, it does happen, will will no doubt happen to a proportion of the rest of us - around 30% is the statistic that I hear.

Have you heard of or listened to a British podcast called " You, Me & the  Big C"? Worth a listen, very challenging at times.

Take care  
  • Patti J
    Options
    Thanks @Irb_03.. i have just been shown how to set up podcasts.
  • lrb_03
    Options
    I love podcasts. I have an hour bus ride to,  and from work. I love listening to a variety of different podcasts during that time
  • Patti J
    Options
    At last. Something about advanced cancer that I can relate to.
  • lrb_03
    Options
    I have found  it really good, even though I don't have advanced cancer. They're justvso down to earth
  • RachelleRachelle
    RachelleRachelle Member Posts: 34
    Options
    I love "You, Me & The Big C" too @lrb_03. I need to listen to "The Thing About Advanced Cancer" as well. I have also started listening to the "Upfront About Breast Cancer" by our very own, BCNA. I wish I had "Episode 6: Telling your children you have cancer" when I was diagnosed three years ago as I really didn't know how to address this with my young children.