Catching up...

Loobylou
Loobylou Member Posts: 49
edited July 2019 in General discussion
Hi all

Havent been on here in a while. Was diagnosed TNBC on feb 14, had 10 rounds of neo adjuvant chemo, 4 AC 6 Taxol which was stopped due to allergic reactions and a shed load of steroids messing up my system.
Lumpectomy on July 1 with clear margins, 4 lymph nodes all clear but residual cancer on the tumour, so after rads will be going onto capecitabine for 8 rounds. Am stage 2 grade 3 due to size of lump. The lump had been thought to have shrunk but in fact honeycombed, so pockets of residual and pre cancerous cells.
Been feeling quite low, worries about TNBC and reaccurance, so a good friend recommended heading back onto here.
Xx

Comments

• Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    Welcome back @Loobylou I'm sure the last couple of months has felt like years, but it's still early days for you. Having a post treatment 'crash' is all too common. I reckon we can only run on adrenaline for so long before it all goes wheels up. Hang in there, have a rant and a damn good cry--just in case that helps. MXX
  • Loobylou
    Thank you @Zoffiel I have definitely cried more the last few weeks than I did at diagnosis. The lack of a pathological complete response has sent me into a bit of a spiral. I found a book written by someone who was on here about fear of reaccurance so will read that.
    But I will continue to look for positives :smile:
  • Flaneuse
    Flaneuse Member Posts: 899
    @Loobylou This is the place to be if you feel low. There's always someone reading who understands how you feel. What a rough time you've been having. This beast has certainly given you a bashing. Big hugs.
  • Loobylou
    thank you @Flaneuse it certainly does try to control us this beast, just when we think we are ok... 
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    edited July 2019
  • primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    The great thing is they know you need something else to get rid of the last bit. So the idea behind the treatment plan is spot on. How fabulous all nodes are clear. 
    You can do this. I know it feels a lot....but you are stronger than you think. 

• kmakm
    Love that one @primek.
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Welcome back @Loobylou Post-treatment crash is not uncommon and of course, you had hoped for a complete response.  Give yourself permission to feel low but if you can't shake it off, perhaps investigate counselling of some sort.
  • SoldierCrab
    SoldierCrab Member Posts: 3,445
    Hi @Loobylou
    Sorry you didn't get a full response, but clear nodes is a great sign.

Have a good cry come in here rant rave and get supported.....

Hugs

• Loobylou
    Saw my rads consultant today, he had a different way of approaching my results and I felt so happy and positive after I had seen him, plus I only have to have 20 rather than the 30 I expected. 
  • kmakm
     :)  :*<3