Scans

I'm having strong memories of my SNB sitting in the same waiting room this morning for a CT and bone scan. Unpleasant. I've avoided sitting in the same chair. Hardly anyone here today. That morning it was heaving with people. I trust this experience will be considerably less painful...
Tagged:

Comments

• AllyJay
    AllyJay Member Posts: 942
    Hang in there sweety pie... yeah, I remember that "Little pinch now" as the elephant sized needle approached my quivering in fear boob. The trauma stays tattooed on my inner self years later. ((((Biiiig Hug))))).
  • lrb_03
    lrb_03 Member Posts: 1,267
    More hugs coming your way. Hope it's all going ok at this stage xo
  • Deanne
    Deanne Member Posts: 2,163
    Thinking of you. Had CT and bone scan just last week and it does bring back those initial diagnosis memories big time. Hope all is good with the scans. Take care. xxx
  • SoldierCrab
    SoldierCrab Member Posts: 3,445
    Breathe beautiful lady it is horrible how it hits us like a freight train on full steam 
    I pray that all results are good and you can relax again for another year or so 

hugs 

• Blossom1961
    Blossom1961 Member Posts: 2,362
    Next time something like this comes up, ring me and I will come in with you. Big hugs. Didi xxx
  • Scaredycat
    Scaredycat Member Posts: 61
    Wishing you all the best & clear scans.
    It’s a bugger how those past memories hit us at the wrong times. Hopefully, the scans will be over & done with quickly & you can get out of there.
  • kitkatb
    kitkatb Member Posts: 442
    Hopefully @kmakm all went well today. I had my scans a month ago and you can't help but think about how far we have come whilst sitting there waiting.  wishing you the best results K. xo
  • Glynnis
    Glynnis Member Posts: 353
    Hope all went well for you today @kmakm
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Thank you all. It was a very long and tedious day. The CT is so quick and the bone scan is so looong.

I had a bit of a side effect with the CT. As that hot pee feeling subsided I began to feel quite nauseous and sort of heavy. Not a pleasant sensation at all. So a nurse was called and she didn't want me standing up so I was wheeled on a trolley back to the main room. Embarrassment!

I'm having a bit of a worry now though. My BS ordered left chest (where my pain is) and abdo, and then said, no, just left chest. Today they did a full body scan, then the chest from both sides and then my abdomen from both sides. Is that a standard bone scan? Or did they see something suss and go back for another look?
  • Deanne
    How soon do you get your results @kmakm? I think it is pretty normal for us to start examining everything over and over in our minds and looking for signs that might say one way or the other. I had my bone scan last Friday and will finally get results tomorrow morning. It is doing my head in to stop from looking at the images and googling. I even worried because the lady who did my scan seemed to avoid me at the end. Did she find something? Etc etc.

I have no idea what is standard in these scans and I actually had my eyes shut for most of mine and am really not sure where it scanned. It does take a long time and my back was extra sore the next day from laying still on a hard ‘bed’ for so long. 

I am trying to concentrate on the good points, at least they are being thorough and taking our pain and concern seriously etc. Hopefully we will both hear soon that all is good (at least cancer wise!).

Thinking of you. Take care. xxx
  • youngdogmum
    youngdogmum Member Posts: 250
    Ooh I wish I knew the answer 😞 
    Hoping it's absolutely nothing Kate x
  • kmakm
    Don't know @Deanne! The BS asked my breastcare nurse to ring me. I'm 99% sure it's nothing sinister, and almost certainly they were just being thorough. There's just that 1% niggle...

Thanks @youngdogmum. K xox
  • Deanne
    I was told the results would be sent through to my doctors that afternoon @kmakm. I am therefore trying to be reassured that nobody has rung me. I had phone calls the next day when the CT scan showed ‘something’ and they wanted to do the bone scan to check. 

Hopefully you will will hear from your breastcare nurse today. If not can you give her a call? It will settle that 1% niggle and let you rest easier again. You will feel so much better when you know for absolutely sure there is nothing sinister lurking. Fingers crossed for you. xxx
  • Shakalker
    Shakalker Member Posts: 84
    @kmakm sending big hugs and best wishes. Don’t let that 1% get you down. 
  • kmakm
    Thanks @Deanne. Keeping busy. The French exchange student is leaving today so I'm making the long trek to the airport. If I haven't heard by tomorrow morning I'll call my breastcare nurse. How are you doing with your mystery pain?

Doing my best @Shakalker! K xox