Bugger, bugger, bugger

Deanne
Deanne Member Posts: 2,163
Just 2 months ago I was feeling really fit and healthy and celebrating 6 years clear. Now not sure what is ahead.

This week I have had a hip ultrasound and CT scan of lumbar spine to investigate increasing pain in lower back and pelvis. I have mild hip bursitis and mild disc compression but the CT scan also picked up ‘something’ in my pelvis. The radiologist has recommended a bone scan. 

I have had increasing pain especially at night. Yesterday I saw a physio who is very concerned as in her opinion my pain is not explainable from a mild disc compression and very mild hip bursitis. 

I am seeing my GP for a bone scan referral tomorrow. Hopefully I can get an answer before the weekend. Am in too much pain to do what I normally do to keep busy in these situations - go for a walk, cook, clean etc. 

Bugger, bugger, bugger! Trying not to think too far ahead and it will be what it it will be but I am really feeling like ‘I know’.

Comments

• Afraser
    Afraser Member Posts: 4,352
    Crossing fingers. A quick result too as the waiting is so difficult. Thinking of you.
  • iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,540
    Oh that's not how the story is meant to go!  Hopefully it is only a hiccup
    Sending positive vibes
    Take care
  • lrb_03
    lrb_03 Member Posts: 1,267
    Everything crossed for you, @Deanne. Hope you can get the bone scan done quickly
  • jennyss
    jennyss Member Posts: 1,950
    Dear @Deanne, bugger, bugger, bugger alright. Hope the bone scan and results happen asap. Thinking of you and everything crossed.

from jennyss in Western NSW
  • LMK74
    LMK74 Member Posts: 795
    Fingers and toes crossed it turns out to be nothing nasty. 
     <3 x
  • Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    Shitbags as well. Fingers crossed for you MXX

• Cook65
    Cook65 Member Posts: 733
    Oh Deanne, 
    the worry never really goes away does it? As much as you tell yourself what will be will be the anxiety is still there.  Be kind to yourself and good luck with all the tests xox
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    F**K THIS SHIT

I'll keep everything crossed for you. Our bodies are complex things and while the worst is always a possibility, it could also be something else altogether. I hope the wait is shirt. Big big hug lovely, K xox
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Not fair @Deanne.  Hoping that you're worrying unnecessarily.
  • TonyaM
    TonyaM Member Posts: 2,835
    Hi Deanne, I had a similar experience 8mths ago.I had awful lower back pain and also shoulder pain.A  CT scan showed nerve impingement in those areas of the spine.It seems to be worse at night,especially if I’ve been on my feet a lot- just old age and wear n tear.I hope that’s all it is for you too.
    But you can’t stop the worry- hang in there and let us know how you go.xx
  • SoldierCrab
    SoldierCrab Member Posts: 3,445
    Dearest ratpak girl  sending you love and energy and my kick arse boots. Hope and praying for you.  Xxxxx
  • primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    Ffs...everything is crossed it is all ok. X
  • Deanne
    Deanne Member Posts: 2,163
    Thank-you for the support, it helps heaps! Managed to get some sleep and am feeling more positive and hopeful this morning. @TonyaM, I am hoping it is a similar thing for me, just nerve impingement pain. Hopefully I am back updating everyone with good news soon. xxx
  • youngdogmum
    youngdogmum Member Posts: 250
    Crossing my everything for you, I really hope it's nothing xx