On Our Walks

Comments

• kitkatb
    kitkatb Member Posts: 442
    Willy Wagtails @arpie are meant to be the " teller of secrets "   when they come near you. xox
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,521
    Well, I didn't know that, @kitkatb !!   Maybe he told me where the fish were - I had a blast!!  About to go out again today!!!

I had a slow leak in the yak after that outing but a local panel beater was able to locate the weak spot & did some plastic welding on it & now, back in the game!   :)   NEVER fun when you find a bucket of water inside your yak!  grr

• kitkatb
    kitkatb Member Posts: 442
    My husband is indigenous @arpie and he has lots of little gems like that which have been passed down.
    Glad you got your Yak sorted out.  Hubby home in a couple of weeks and got a few day trips planned on the water.  :)   Have just spent a day in the spare room cleaning all of his fishing gear up which had virtually spread over the entire floor. I always vow I am not going in there again but i always do when it gets the better of me. I even get lures in the bathroom and toilet when he is working on a new design.  :/  
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    We now have a French exchange student for five weeks so I've been showing her around a bit. Not much $$ available so we've been doing scenic walking...

Brighton Dog Beach last week:

Warrandyte last week:

And the Yarra Valley on Sunday:

• jennyss
    jennyss Member Posts: 1,951
    Dear @Zoffiel, @kmakm and @Patti J, Thanks for the photos - the trees, the water, the views: beautiful!

• Patti J
    Patti J Member, Dragonfly Posts: 589
    Where is that @Romla?
  • Romla
    Romla Member Posts: 2,092
    The photo is Moana Beach South Australia about 20 kilometres south of Adelaide. Many summer weekends of my childhood I spent there.
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Hard to recognise without the cars @romla.  I used to go down there so often as a kid with my friends.  Their parents would load  all the kids in the street into the stationwagon (no seatbelts to worry about) and take us down there for a day of bodysurfing.  Then usually home via the Onkaparinga sandboarding hills (with homemade boards) or on a couple of occasions, the strawberry farm.
  • Blossom1961
    Blossom1961 Member Posts: 2,362
    @kmakm We used to see them all the time when we did the bigger walk behind the Cafe in the Dandenongs.