Hormone therapy trial in Adelaide

Romla
Romla Member Posts: 2,092
Breast Cancer Research Study In Adelaide

Women who have frequent hot flushes/night sweats, also known as Vasomotor symptoms (VMS), caused by cancer medications are invited to participate in a study exploring a potential treatment to better treat these symptoms.

Participants may experience a relief in hot flushes or night sweats.Participants must be currently taking tamoxifen or aromatase inhibitors to participate and be experiencing at least 50 hot flushes per week.

Those enrolled may be reimbursed for any reasonable travel, parking, meals, and other expenses associated with research study visits.

Comments

• arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,521
    Fantastic to see that someone is taking the side effect seriously - even if only for Hot Flushes so far!

@kmakm - wanna change states??

• kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    @arpie There is SO much about my life I want to change...
  • arpie
    Getting rid of those bloody hot flushes would be a start ..... I wonder if you can point some of your medical people towards the trial, as a suggestion for Victoria as well?  xx  Good luck!
  • smokie08
    smokie08 Member Posts: 157
    I would put my hand up for a trial into hot flushes and sweats  but as not on tamoxifen etc I don't think I would be accepted.  This chemo induced menopause is the pits!!!! I wake up every 2 hours sweating  and have at least 6/7 flushes in the day spare a thought for me in a few weeks when I am stuck on a plane for 24 hrs  having flushes and sweats!!!! 😡😓😫
  • arpie
    That is a shame, @smokie08 -  maybe contact them to see if they are aware of any trials on Chemo Induced Hot Flushes?

Fingers crossed xxx  All the best