Night Howls

Comments

• Annski
    Annski Member Posts: 112
    @kmakm, Kate so sorry to hear how much you are suffering with the ankles and the rest of it. I hope the rib pain dissipates but I know what you mean about the bad place. I managed to switch to a new oncologist at a different cancer centre, he arranged immediate bone scan for ever increasing neck and hip pain, all was clear, I was so relieved, I still have the pain though it comes and goes and I'm not scared now so it's more bearable. I can't say what a relief it is to feel someone is really paying attention. You will know who it is if I say we were there together! And I want to thank you for really inspiring me to go that day. I probably would never have made the change otherwise. Seriously I feel it has saved my sanity such as it is. I only wish there was something I and the many others you have helped could do to help in return. All warmest thoughts, A. xx.
  • Blossom1961
    Blossom1961 Member Posts: 2,362

• arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,521
    Yeah - I've had shockers the last 3 nights!  Just when I thought I had it 'licked'!!   grrrr
  • Brenda5
    Brenda5 Member Posts: 2,423
    I've been off the AI for 4 months and I still get hot flushes. Just not as many and not as intense.
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    I was the same before I went on Letrozole @Brenda5. Second round of chemo they started, but they weren't as intense & they were not as frequent.
  • Kiwi Angel
    Kiwi Angel Member Posts: 1,952
    Insomnia is rearing it’s head this week - probably partially due to me having a few things on my mind. Last night was the worst yet - midnight to 4am. On the upside I have been for a run and am going to do the groceries before work. God I miss pre menopausal sleep. 
  • arpie
    That's a bugger, @Kiwi Angel - tho I had a shocker last night too as I forgot to take my 'oil' and also lots of things on my mind that raise their heads just as I hit the pillow!  grrr  

All the best - hope you/we have a better one tonight xx
  • Kiwi Angel
    @arpie thanks hon - already feeling like a nap but still 7 hours of work to go. 
  • Silba
    Silba Member Posts: 115
    Ladies
    I can add to the picture since I was laughing like a lunatic in front of a lift on my own.

Picture this , walker only 2nd day on it , at hospital practicing walking with a fractured hip, wanted to take lift ,3set of lifts available,press the button, shuffle to the middle , light on right door goes off , off I go ,only to get close, door starts closing, No, rammed walker leg in , but I'm overbalancing , door decided it was going to reopen, however not quite steady to get in lift , in the haste to get inside lift ,step on bad leg, which means shooting pain up the hip , somehow I made it , I'm sweating , puffing and laughing like an idiot.

Maybe a time delay button attached to walkers may give us a better chance of dealing with revolving doors and lift doors , otherwise,yep I'm going to start needing nappies.
  • Blossom1961
    Blossom1961 Member Posts: 2,362
    @Silba No you weren’t laughing on your own. They would have had cameras watching you 🤣
  • arpie
    edited June 2019
    Oh dear, @Silba - I am so glad you didn't have a fall!!  Maybe a letter to the hospital asking for the 'delay' on closing doors to be made a tad longer for those still on L Plates?   Take care, make haste slowly xx

The good news - I had  GREAT sleep last night!   :)

Why is it you see spelling mistakes 'just as you push the SUBMIT button'?   LOL
  • Sarnicad
    Sarnicad Member Posts: 318
    Having a shit run of non sleep. Incredibly tired each night so in bed by 10.30 but wide awake and grumpy now. 

no idea why 

feel like im juggling too much my brain is always crazy at this hour
  • Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    My brain needs a service. Auto tune. Complete rebuild. Something. Anything that will reset it and make it stop whiring into action at 3:30 am. Every. Day. WTF? I hate me sometimes. Can't I just behave like a normal person? This shit is exhausting.
  • Kiwi Angel
    @Zoffiel @Sarnicad I’m the same - somewhere between 3 and 4.30 the brain wakes up and that’s it. Spend most of the week grumpy and exhausted and one stupid comment away from biting someone. 
  • Sarnicad
    Sarnicad Member Posts: 318
    edited July 2019
    @Kiwi Angel exactly that. @Zoffiel I’d rebuild if it meant I slept. So over this and now I have to go to work and be nice to people