Why not join the Living with metastatic private group? Access group via the link here.

6 months on Ribociclib

Angelo
Angelo Member Posts: 33
edited July 2019 in Metastatic breast cancer
Well it’s been 6 months and the Ribociclib combo seems to be working. I started this Mets journey in Dec 2018 with tumour markers at 114. My latest blood tests were in early June with tumour markers at 42. It’s a nervous week this week with scans, blood tests and Onc visit, so fingers crossed that my results stay positive for another month.
One thing I have learnt on this journey is  it takes the emotional rollercoaster ride to help you cope with the good and bad days and aids the process of learning to live with cancer rather than focusing on dying of cancer. Hang in there 🤪😍

Comments

• youngdogmum
    youngdogmum Member Posts: 250
    Fantastic to hear you're doing so well, I hope you have positive results this month too!
  • elisewjk
    elisewjk Member Posts: 60
    Hi @Angelo,  congratulations to you! :) I'm similar, I started this journey in Oct 2018, have been on the Ribociclib/Letrozole combo. I've had good results so far too with lots of breast tumour and lymph node shrinkage, back/spine mets stable. My tumour markers have been mixed, slight upcreep or around stable, overall increase from 31 to 48 at last test. I know that's quite low compared to some and my Onco is not much concerned about it at this point as all the rest is going really well.  Yes it is a bit of a rollercoaster ride isn't it?! We are learning to hang on tho... :) Best wishes, keeping hanging in there... :)
  • MeganM
    MeganM Member Posts: 60
    I’ve just started round 10 have been stable but liver blood results are higher than my team would like ( I have liver bone Mets) so the dr are keeping a close eye on me. 
    Happy to have options that don’t involve IV I 
  • Angelo
    Angelo Member Posts: 33
    Visited Oncologist yesterday and still having good results, tumor markers at 35. We talked about plant based diet, does anyone know much about this or is anyone on it. Always like to keep my options open 🤪