Free to a good home

December2018
December2018 Member Posts: 26
edited July 2019 in General discussion
This may be the wrong forum to put this but I can't find anywhere else suitable.
I have a very beautiful and very expensive wig (worn twice for weddings) that I would like to give to someone, but there is a catch.
This someone has to be doing it tuff, not physically or mentally, but financially.
I have been fortunate in my battle, touch wood, with Breast Cancer (still being treated) financially . It made me sit back and think BLOODY HELL how do some people get through this. This battle for a large number of us is long, emotional, tiring, and costly.
So I thought what little thing could I do to help and give a little light to someone going through the same as myself, but as I said this person must really need the wig and have no way of obtaining one due to their situation.
This may be ridiculous to some but as I've stated I know I'm one of the lucky ones who have been thrown into this Breast Cancer mess (my battle hasn't been simple or easy and is nowhere near over), I also lucked out with the most incredible family and friends and they are all supportive, including in my thinking of giving my wig away to someone who really needs it.
So if there is someone out there or you know of someone, please email me to discuss.
It really is the most loveliest wig and would look amazing on most people.
JUST TRYING TO ADD A LITTLE LIGHT TO SOMEONES DAY!!!!!!!
Tagged:

Comments

• BlackWidow
    BlackWidow Member Posts: 268
    Oh @December2018 that is a lovely offer and one which will be well received by the right person.
    Perhaps you could give an indication of size, colour, style to assist ?
    (I am not in the running, fortunately).
  • Patchworkmum
    Patchworkmum Member Posts: 18
    I’m giving mine to the local wig library so someone else can use it, when my own hair comes back of course. How about you ask your bc nurse, she might know of someone struggling that would benefit from a great donation 
  • December2018
    Tried that one but unfortunately due to it being used twice they aren't able to give to someone, I even tried the beautiful volunteer ladies at the hospital, but the privacy act prevents them from knowing ( which is understandable).
    Thank you for the thoughts and ideas.
  • December2018
    thank you Black widow, I hope these do it justice
  • Blossom1961
    Blossom1961 Member Posts: 2,362
    Lovely

• Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    Sometimes you just have to take a leap of faith when it comes to donating stuff. You can't always put conditions on charity. 
    There are wealthy people who scour op shops and people who live in poverty who are too proud to enter the doors. I guess, when it comes to the cancer ward wig share, it's not somewhere you go to pick up a change of hair for a fancy dress party. Mxx
  • December2018
    I finding it hard to respond to you Zoffiel
    I don't won't any negativity with this, it is the reason why I gave my spiel about how some of you may think this is ridiculous.
    I can only hope the lovely person who ends end with my beautiful wig is the real deal, but if the person who ends up with it isn't - well that's something that person will have to live with.
    And for anyone who is to proud or for any other reason, if you email me privately it will stay that way - that's a promise.
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    edited June 2019
    I have a friend who is a single mum of three, only 41, who has very little indeed. She's just completed AC and it's been very difficult. She's interested in the wig but says she has quite a small head. Do you think it would fit a smaller head?

Her ex has been really unpleasant about her condition, refusing to drop the kids off (even though he's literally a two minute drive away) and using her health as a legal tactic. Why are people so awful??
  • December2018
    She's in luck as I myself have a pin head (My husband's words) also as it is a good brand there are adjustable tabs.
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    I will DM you.
  • December2018
    The wig is no longer available as a very deserving lady in Victoria is going to put it to good use.

Thank you
  • June1952
    June1952 Member Posts: 1,818
    Good news @December2018 - that is a wonderful gift to someone in need.  Good photos, too.  It is a lovely wig.  Being a 'pin head' myself I can appreciate the comment (always had to have school hats specially made !).

• lrb_03
    lrb_03 Member Posts: 1,267
    @December2018, I'm so glad that you've found someone to give it to.
    That's a beautiful thing to do.
    It's also a beautiful wig.
     I hope the rest of your treatment goes well