Job interview

Blossom1961
Blossom1961 Member Posts: 2,362
Long story short. Hubby and I are back to square one financially. No assets due to losing the business due to me being unable to manage it, etc etc. I spoke to a friend older than me who had just lost everything due to different reasons and two years later they have bought a home. So here we go. On Monday we have an interview to get back into the industry I said I would never return to. Hopefully chemo brain doesn’t kick in during our interview. I can just picture the look on the employers face when they ask me what I would do with a difficult customer and the only answer I can come up with is either “shoot them” or “tell them to get over it”. 

If this one doesn’t pan out we have another four resumes we have sent out. This ones response was immediate. We only sent in the application last weekend and they rang Tuesday requesting an interview.

I just have to keep telling myself I can do it. Breathe. Move forward. Admire the scenery. Breathe. Move forward. Repeat

Comments

• Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Good luck @Blossom1961
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,521
    That is SUCH a bummer  :(    Yes, one step at a time  xx

Sounds like they want you!!  All the best for the interview & hope you get it.   xx
  • kitkatb
    kitkatb Member Posts: 442
    Good luck with everything @Blossom1961
  • primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    edited June 2019
    You can do this...it's a walk in the park when you consider what you've been through. You are strong and walk forward even in fear. Who wouldn't want you.
  • iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,540
    @Blossom1961
    it sounds like returning to an Industry you are familiar with should be helpful to you settling back in!
    You can do it!
    Lots out here willing you on
    Take care 
  • BlackWidow
    BlackWidow Member Posts: 268
    @Blossom1961 - all the best for the job interview.  Just remember that if you are not successful this time around then it was just not meant to be as it was not a good fit - and you can use this interview as experience in the interview practices of today.  Just picture the interviewers sitting naked on a loo !  Anne
  • Flaneuse
    Flaneuse Member Posts: 899
    All the best for it, @Blossom1961. You are STRONG! 
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    I am absolutely confident that you can do it. Remember that everything is temporary and that once you are back on your feet you can change your employment to something you prefer. If you're unsure in the interview, take a pause. It will make you look like you are pondering deeply. You have a quick wit, I'm positive that you'll find your interview feet quickly. Good luck Didi! K xox
  • Blossom1961
    Blossom1961 Member Posts: 2,362
    Thank you everyone. I am confident of my skills but not so confident in my sexy chemo hair do.
    @BlackWidow I need to keep my eyes open for the interview 😝
  • Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    You can do it. You've done it before, you can do it again. Mxx
  • tigerbeth
    tigerbeth Member Posts: 539
    Wishing you the best of luck ! You can do it :)
  • SoldierCrab
    SoldierCrab Member Posts: 3,445
    Sending you energy and love Blossom1961 as you go to the interview tomorrow 

<3

• Mira
    Mira Member Posts: 678
    Good luck! :smile:
  • June1952
    June1952 Member Posts: 1,818
    Good luck.  Hope things go the way you want them to - or if not, hope something better comes your way.