Why not join the Living with metastatic private group? Access group via the link here.

Journey so far

Glynnis
Glynnis Member Posts: 353
edited May 2019 in Metastatic breast cancer
Hi everyone, just thought I would update, been on Kisqali for 2 months now, just had a blood test done and Tumor markers are down from 64 to 55 I’m so so pleased that the meds are doing what they are suppose to. Just had to share my good news with you all 😃
Tagged:

Comments

• Nefertari
    Nefertari Member Posts: 288
    Congratulations, Glynnis :) always like to hear good news
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Wonderful!
  • Blossom1961
    Blossom1961 Member Posts: 2,362
    Great news is always worth sharing. Thank you
  • Giovanna_BCNA
    Giovanna_BCNA Member Posts: 1,839
    Great news @Glynnis
  • lrb_03
    lrb_03 Member Posts: 1,267
    Great to hear
  • GavinCh
    GavinCh Member Posts: 26
    Great to read, stay positive and share when able.
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Great news!
  • Glynnis
    Well my bubble has been burst, had another blood test last week and that’s saying tumour markers have gone up 😞 so off for a full body ct scan next week let’s hope that everything is ok.

• arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,524
    That's a Bugger @Glynnis - all the best for the CT scan next week xxx  Thinking of you xx
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Bugger! Fingers crossed for next week.
  • elisewjk
    elisewjk Member Posts: 60
    Hi Glynnis, I just wanted to add, that I've been on Ribociclib/Letrozole very successfully for some months now (breast/lymph lesions shrunken and bone spots inactive/stable). Despite that the tumour marker has slowly been creeping up. My Onco takes the tumour marker with a bit of a grain of salt, as in itself is not a definite indicator of the cancer on the move, various other factors can also affect how a tumour marker blood test reacts, so in itself is not an definitive indicator :)

Hope it all goes well for you all the same :)

Cheers
  • arpie
    Hoping your CT scans have been done & dusted & showing nothing to be worried about, @Glynnis

Got fingers and toes crossed for you xx

As @elisewjk says - the tumour marker tests can be misleading xxx

Terrific that you are responding so well, @elisewjk  xxx

• Patchworkmum
    Patchworkmum Member Posts: 18
    I have heard or read somewhere that markers can go up as the cancer cells are dying. Mine also went up last blood test. But I have another blood test next week, so it will be interesting to see if they have gone up or down (hoping for down of course)
  • Glynnis
    Hi@elisewjk thankyou for that, I have also heard that too but great to hear from someone it has actually happened too. Great news everything has shrunk or is stable I hope it all stays that way for you it’s great to hear. 
    Hi @arpie, heard from breast care nurse yesterday, onc hasn’t had time to fully look at results but she said she wasn’t stressed about it and if she didn’t ring me to take it that all is well, which is what I’m doing, as at tonight haven’t heard from her so in my eyes that’s good news, she onc on Tuesday 28/6
  • arpie
    Last time I saw my GP, I asked about tumour markers - and she said the same thing too. 

Great that the BC Nurse is positive - but Grrr, the waiting is the pits!!

Take care @Glynnis xxxx