Vale Rob Fincher

Marianne_BCNA
Marianne_BCNA Member Posts: 245
edited July 2019 in General discussion

Hi all,

It is with much sadness that we write to inform you that Rob Fincher died yesterday. He was at home with his beautiful and incredibly strong wife Annie.  

Rob was a member of our online community and a champion for BCNA.  We recently put a video of Rob’s story on our Facebook page and more than 8,000 people have already viewed it.  Rob wanted to use his voice to help others and he certainly has done that. He is a legend!

We have put a Vale on the website https://www.bcna.org.au/news/2019/06/vale-rob-fincher/

The sad reality of breast cancer hits us all too often but how lucky we are to have had so many people leave a lasting legacy in our lives.  Please look after yourselves.

All the team at BCNA

Comments

• arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,522
    So sorry to hear this & our condolences to Rob's wife Annie, his family & friends, particularly @traveltext

TIme for that 'empathy button', I reckon .... the 'like' button doesn't really 'cut it'  :(   

I am sure more people would respond with it on a lot of posts, including this one.
  • iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,541
    Sad to read!
    Such a touching tribute! 
    Hopefully his family and friends will, in time, take comfort in knowing he was able to advocate and remind all that Breast Cancer can affect males.

• primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    RIP Rob 
  • Stork
    Stork Member Posts: 121
    My condolences to his family and friends
    R.I.P.

• traveltext
    traveltext Member Posts: 253
    edited June 2019
    It is indeed a crappy disease and there’s still no cure, unfortunately. 

Rob died with great great dignity and a week ago agreed to let me record these poignant words:

https://youtu.be/KrbceujtXv0

• Mira
    Mira Member Posts: 678
    My thoughts are with his family and friends.  R.I.P.
  • Shellshocked2018_
    Shellshocked2018_ Member Posts: 283
    My condolences to his family .😢
  • melclarity
    melclarity Member Posts: 3,502
    Condolences to the entire family, an incredibly sad day! 
  • Flaneuse
    Flaneuse Member Posts: 899
    Admiration for Rob and Annie's strength and spirit. Condolences to the whole family.  <3
  • SoldierCrab
    SoldierCrab Member Posts: 3,445
    RIP Rob and condolences to the family <3