Hip fracture

SilbaSilba SydneyMember Posts: 87
edited June 13 in Metastatic breast cancer
Tomorrow would have been a month back at work after 12months absence due to treatment .a simple grocery shopping has turned into a hip fracture didn't fall ,or hit anything just took a step wrong. Now going to need hospital stay for a week and a walking aid for at least 6weeks.

Upside , no surgery , got to keep positive.
Tagged:

Comments

• arpiearpie Mid North Coast, NSWMember Posts: 2,778
    That's a real bugger @Silba ; -  put your feet up & make the best out of being 'looked after' xx  take care xx

• ZoffielZoffiel Regional VictoriaMember Posts: 2,766
    Gargh!!! @silba
  • EAAEAA Member Posts: 66
    Hi Silva.. Brave Heart.. keep gently going.. Let others carry you while 
    you rest up for healing. Move gently with the day.. Progress can be slow. Always going forward from a step back.. Do you have to do 
    any exercises? ..Time for a good book or funny movie! 
    All strength to you. xx 

• SilbaSilba SydneyMember Posts: 87
    Thank you , it has been a blow .
    4days in hospital so far and Onc getting a second opinion from orthopaedic surgeon.

I know don't look too far forward but scary all the same.

I'm with a walking frame at 50, it's harder to operate than it looks.
  • kmakmkmakm MelbourneMember Posts: 7,202
    The biggest of (very!) gentle hugs to you @Silba. K xox
  • SilbaSilba SydneyMember Posts: 87
    I hate that I have to deal with this , 5 weeks after finding out hip was fractured, had scan and MRI , showing another cyst in the joint pelvis bone , already have a mets in the pelvis so another one to the collection.

The Dr did a anaesthetic needle into the joint to see if the pain I am still having was nerve related , it's not, I'm still in pain , going to see surgeon again on Tuesday to discuss treatment options ,in the meantime , off work again until I can walk further than the corner without a crutch.

Not  a happy creature at the moment ........
  • kmakmkmakm MelbourneMember Posts: 7,202
    Bloody hell @Silba, that's very frustrating. Take it easy and try to keep yourself occupied until it all gets sorted out. K xox