A bit scared

Livo
Livo Member Posts: 3
edited June 2019 in Newly diagnosed
Hello everyone, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative (luckily only 1cm) just over a week ago after a routine mammogram and ultra sound.  I have met with the surgeon who has told me I will need chemo, then surgery and then radiation.  I am meeting with the Oncologist on Wednesday and l am scared!!  Lucky I have a wonderful family and the best friends a girl could ever ask for, but the unknown and probable hairloss is probably the worst.  Any advise would be appreciated.

Comments

• Livo
    Thank you for kind words and advise, feeling better already to have this support <3
  • Blossom1961
    Blossom1961 Member Posts: 2,362
    @Livo sorry you have to join us but welcome. I lost my hair and looked for all the positives. I can say right now, having a shower with a bald head is amazing. Almost orgasmic 😇 I was wondering whether I should shave it again just because! I thought I would save money on shower water but you couldn’t get me out of the shower and I think I spent twice as long in there! This whole experience is scary but you will meet the most amazing people. Big hugs to you.
  • Shellshocked2018_
    Shellshocked2018_ Member Posts: 283
    Hi Livo, sorry to see you here but you have come to the right place for support as we all know what you are going through and how you are feeling.
    What state are you in ? as other people will be able to help guide you with what is available to you, I’m here in SA.

I was also diagnosed in October last year with Triple Negative Breast Cancer, surgery, chemo and radiotherapy, I’m currently in the middle of treatment.
    A positive mind is the best thing you can do for yourself, take one day at a time.
    Other people may jump on here with the same diagnosis’s also.
    When I was first diagnosed I attended a Meditation and Mindfulness course which was of great benefit, especially during the waiting game.
    Im happy to have a chat to you anytime if you want to send me a private message.

Thats great news that you have a good network of family and friends to help you get through this stage of your life.
    As suggested above start writing down any questions you may have and take someone with you to all appointments as it is a lot to absorb.

Having access to a breast cancer nurse is a bonus as they can help you through this and offer great advice and point you in the right direction for other services including Psychologists, any support groups in your area.

Ask away any questions, even if you just want to vent someone will always be here.
    Sending hugs your way 
    xoxo 
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Welcome @livo You'll find a lot of information here, based on experience, and you will also get the odd laugh.  We're here to tell you that it's all doable...you'll get there.  Meanwhile, if you put the general area that you live in on your profile (don't be too specific), members may be able to more easily suggest any services available near you.
  • jennyss
    jennyss Member Posts: 1,950
    Dear @Livo , Ditto to all the great advice and support above, and

from jennyss in Western NSW
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,521
    All the best for your rounds of treatment, @Livo - it is terrific that you have supportive family & friends.  Take them up on ANY offer of help re cooking, housework, shopping etc  xx

Welcome to the Forum (not that any of us really want to be here!)  Ask away on ANY question you may have re any part of your treatment.  You'll get honest answers from those who've been there before.

Take care xx
  • Blossom1961
    @Livo How did your Oncologist appt go? Do they have a plan for you?
  • Livo
    @Blossom1961. It’s been a whirlwind! Starting AC on Wed 19/6 every 3 weeks and followed by CP weekly (can’t remember how long 😂)   Having a port put in tomorrow and all my scans should be done by this afternoon!! 
  • Lynn1
    Lynn1 Member Posts: 12
    I don’t know what to say to make you feel a little better, BUT we are all here to send you strength.  You are not alone.  Sending you a big hug.
  • Blossom1961
    @Livo It is definitely a whirlwind. I had appointments and tests every weekday except one for the fortnight after my diagnosis. Then straight into Chemo. At least it stopped me from too much thinking, no time for that! Now that a plan is in place, at least that is one less thing you need to wonder about. Big hugs. 
  • Kellee
    Kellee Member Posts: 73
    Hi @Livo I am 6 months post treatment for triple negative breast cancer. I joined a site on Facebook which was created by one of the lovely ladies on the BCNA site. It’s called Triple Negative Breast Cancer Australian and New Zealand Sisters. It’s a closed group and very friendly and helpful. Xx
  • Romla
    Romla Member Posts: 2,092
    @Livo our wonderful @SoldierCrab should be able to help with the fb page.