I’m back

TripleTea
TripleTea Member Posts: 59
edited June 2019 in Newly diagnosed
Hi everyone. Its been 15 months since my last chemo and on Friday afternoon I found out my TNBC  has spread to my lymph nodes in my armpit after finding a lump.

I see the surgeon on Wednesday and have been ok thinking fingers crossed it has gone no further and we just do it all again and beat it BUT I have since been reading on this website and the way it sounds to me is that it is now metastatic cancer and I will never actually beat it but can hopefully live with it for a number of Years? Please tell me I’m wrong??

So so gutted it’s back!!
tripletea

Comments

• kezmusc
    kezmusc Member Posts: 1,544
    Morning @TripleTea,

Sorry to hear that you have to do this thing again.  Gutted I am sure is an understatement. It doesn not necessarily mean it has gone any further than that.  Have you had a CT or anything?,  I had a lump in my armpit which was the only way I found the thing at all. They did an axillary clearance and removed all the lymph nodes.  There ended up being 5 positive ones and the rest were clear.  Fingers and toes crossed for you lovely that it has stayed put in the nodes.  

xoxoxoxo
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    I'm so very sorry to hear that @TripleTea I don't know if it's different down the track but my ILC was found in the lymph nodes (unexpectedly) after my first surgery and I was classed as stage 2 so not metastatic.
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    edited June 2019
    Bugger. I'm so sorry that it's back. What a huge steaming pile of shit this disease is.

My understanding is that if it's contained to your lymph nodes it's classed as a local recurrence. Only testing will determine if it has spread. However at this stage you don't know, so stay hopeful.

So hang in there, try not to think ahead too much and keep distracted as best as you can. I'll cross all my bits for you lovely. Big hug, K xox
  • Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    My ILC came back 10 years after my first diagnosis. It was in my armpit this time and 5 out of 18 nodes were corrupt. That was three years ago, so who knows where it's hiding now.
    Mine was classed as a local recurrence as the scans didn't pick up anything  anywhere else. I did the whole shit show again--sliced and diced, poisoned, irradiated and ten years of AI. Sometimes I wonder why I put myself through it all, I certainly had my reservations but in the long run it was probably the best thing to do.
    I know there is a difference in our cancers but having it come back after you've done everything you can to get on top of it is so disappointing. Hang in there. Mxx
  • TripleTea
    Thanks ladies. That’s sounding a bit better. Now I just hope like hell that it is contained to the lymph nodes! I see the surgeon Wednesday and still have to have scans from there. The waiting is the shit part, I just want to get the bastard out and get on with it. Apologies for all my swearing! 
  • TripleTea
    @kezmusc did you have the whole chemo shit show again? And radiation? 

• primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    @mum2jj had a recurrence she might be able to assist.

If only in armpit nodes then it would be classed as local recurrence. 

It must be overwhelming having to do this again. Thinking of you. Kath x
  • Shellshocked2018_
    Shellshocked2018_ Member Posts: 283
    Hi TripleTea,
    I know how you feel, I’m still doing my chemo treatment after surgery in December last year.
    When I was admitted into hospital with neutropenia and Rhino virus after my second dose of dense A/C , a routine chest CT scan was ordered, they noticed that one of my lymph nodes was swollen under my left armpit ( surgery side), had another ultrasound and aspiration to be told that there were cancer cells in one of my lymph nodes, some cells had already died that were put under the microscope 
    The plan is to finish my last few weeks of pactlitaxel and more surgery mid July for a full auxiliary clearance. Once healed then Radiotherapy.
    This was after I was told that I had clear margins and clear sentinel nodes in December, and my treatment was just to mop up any cells that may have strayed.

So I know how you feel about this shitty disease.
    I did ask my Oncolgist if that means that it is metastatic, he replied no.
    Dont think about the what if’s, try and stay busy and wait for the results.
    Try and stay positive I know it’s so bloody hard sometimes, the mind is a very powerful thing.
    Anytime you want to talk you can message me privately.
    YOU CAN DO THIS.! AND SO CAN I ....

Sending hugs xoxo 
  • kezmusc
    kezmusc Member Posts: 1,544
    @TripleTea,  

The nodes were positive straight up.  That's how I found the darn thing.  We had to go on  a treasure hunt to find the breast lump. So surgery, chemo and rads all on the first go. Now HT for supposedly 10yrs.

xoxoxoxo
  • mum2jj
    mum2jj Member Posts: 4,327
    @TripleTea, so sorry to hear the bitch is back. My initial diagnosis I actually had a positive lymph node (1cm). My recurrence was actually in the same breast. However the first diagnosis with the 1cm lump in my lymph node was almost 10 years ago. The second diagnosis just over 8 years ago. I would expect the next thing for you will be a CT scan and a bone scan. That’s where they are looking for evidence that it has spread to your bones or organs. Fingers crossed they will be clear for you. Doing chemo again was a huge shock to me, 
    however once I knew those scans were clear I just wanted to get the chemo done.
    Sending you a huge hug and fingers crossed for you.
    Paula xxx 
    PS I was triple neg also. 
  • lrb_03
    lrb_03 Member Posts: 1,267
    Everything crossed for you @TripleTea, as you navigate another round with the beast 
    Take care
  • kitkatb
    kitkatb Member Posts: 442
    I can't even begin to imagine what you must be feeling @TripleTea  just to say my thoughts are with you and I have everything crossed for you with your scan results.  This disease just sucks.   Am also TNBC  and approaching first year scans next week.   Big hugs to you. xo

• arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,521
    That's a real bugger, @TripleTea  What you are going thru just now must be horrible.  Try & keep busy, I guess xx 

All the best with your appointment with the surgeon tomorrow.  xx

• Giovanna_BCNA
    Giovanna_BCNA Member Posts: 1,839
    Hello @TripleTea sorry to hear your news, how devastating.  Fingers crossed that it is contained.   All the best with your surgical appointment this week.  Dont hesitate to call 1800 500 258 if you need to speak with a cancer nurse for support and or information.
  • Flaneuse
    Flaneuse Member Posts: 899
    @TripleTea Bugger. Thinking of you. Wishing you strength.  <3