Newly diagnosed

2»

Comments

• Sabbra
    Sabbra Member Posts: 9
    Thank you one and all, I’m home from my surgery, and now await the outcome of testing etc, this sure is an up and down experience, and I love roller coasters but not this one, thinking of you all as we travel this path, sending positive vibes to you xx
  • Flaneuse
    Flaneuse Member Posts: 899
    @Sabbra  It must feel good to be home. I hope your healing goes smoothly. It's a series of roller coasters and the swoops are never fun. Waiting for test results - or waiting for anything - is ghastly. Hope you can find some things to do to distract your thinking a bit from the anxiety of waiting. I have no idea how people got through cancer treatment before things like Netflix. Take care.  <3
  • Shellshocked2018_
    Shellshocked2018_ Member Posts: 283
    Sabbra, Be kind to yourself, rest and let your body heal.
    I’ve never liked roller coaster rides , and I’m sure not enjoying this one lol...

Stay positive, I know it’s hard some days, just as long as you pick yourself up again and get those
    positive vibes back again.

Sending gentle hugs your way.

xoxo

• Sabbra
    Off it comes, my second surgery didn’t get it all, 22 days and 3 surgeries 
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Unfortunately, lumpectomy to mastectomy is all too common @sabbra.  I'm sorry that they weren't able to save your breast but it'll be good to know the cancer is gone.
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    So sorry it didn't work @Sabbra. Are you doing an immediate reconstruction?
  • Sabbra
    I thank you ladies, no I’m not going to do immediate reconstruction, chemo and radiation and then sometime down the track we’ll see.  I really do want that f er gone.
  • kitkatb
    kitkatb Member Posts: 442
    Hi @Sabbra   Sorry you have to go back for further surgery.   As Sister mentioned it is all to common.  I had the same last year Lumpectomy in May, re excision June  then chemo followed by Mastectomy.  I think you get to the stage you just want to get rid of the this shit of a disease.  
    I didn't have recon I know plenty do and are happy with their decision but for me I didn't want to make any big decisions like that straight away I just wanted to concentrate on getting rid of the bloody thing.  You can always go down that route further down the track as an option.  Good luck with everything and let us know how you get on. xo
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,521
    That's a bugger, @Sabbra - all the best for the surgery & ongoing treatment xxx Lots of hugs coming your way xxx

• Shellshocked2018_
    Shellshocked2018_ Member Posts: 283
    Sending gentle hugs to you Sabbra, take one day at a time.
    Thinking of you xx