Webcast tonight Thursday 6 June 2019 - Hormone blocking therapy - is it worth it?

Giovanna_BCNA
Giovanna_BCNA Member Posts: 1,839
edited June 2019 in Community news and events

Webcast tonight

Breast Cancer Network Australia’s hormone-blocking therapy webcast will explore the challenges women with breast cancer face taking hormone-blocking therapy including ways to manage the side effects and reduce impacts on quality of life. 

This is an interactive information session where you will hear from leading experts, as well as a woman dealing with the challenges of hormone-blocking therapy and have the opportunity to ask questions online.

Speakers include:

Dr Richard de Boer, Medical Oncologist

Martha Hickey, Professor of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, University of Melbourne

Ms Kate Keogh Murray (BCNA member)

What Time: 7.00 - 7.45 pm AEST

Local Times:
- WA: 5.00 - 4.45 pm
- NT, SA: 6.30 - 7.15 pm
- QLD, ACT, NSW, TAS, VIC: 7.00 - 7.45 pm

Click here to
register
for tonight's Webcast.

If you are not able to view the webcast live tonight, it will be available to view on demand in the the next few days and can be accessed via the BCNA website.  

Tagged:

Comments

• kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
  • Giovanna_BCNA
    Thanks kate, I have edited my post.  All the best with the webcast tonight!
  • kmakm
    Thank you.
  • youngdogmum
    youngdogmum Member Posts: 250
    Will be tuning in!! 
  • Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    Pity about the invasive questions in the registration process. It's none of your business when my birthday is and you do not need that sort of personal information. If you need stats, do what everyone else does and give age groups.
    Not happy.
  • Giovanna_BCNA
    Hi @Zoffiel will pass this feedback onto the webcast team.
  • Lyn
    Lyn Member Posts: 5
    An informative session- thanks
  • pammiesyd
    pammiesyd Member Posts: 69
    Great job @kmakm.
  • kmakm
    @pammiesyd Thank you.  :)
  • ~Millie~
    ~Millie~ Member Posts: 61
    Zoffiel said:

Thankyou @Giovanna_BCNA
    The obvious solution is to lie, but I'm over having my data mined and I resent the attempt to extract information for no valid purpose. It destroys trust, and yes, I know everyone does it but I continue to resist. Have a great night. M

Tried to register, with accurate answers, cannot view past podcasts 😢. Hope tonight’s went well. Hope to view later. Struggling to recognise why we need to register to view xx
  • EAA
    EAA Member Posts: 89
    Thanks Kmakm .Great presentation and wisdom at the final question. Lived experience speaks volumes.. keep advocating..
    Hope tomorrow is a good day for you after all your giving. 
  • kmakm
    Thank you @EAA. I will advocate at every opportunity. I have nothing more on the books at the moment, but I have a few ideas fermenting.

Tomorrow brings a blood test as I'm seeing my oncologist on Tuesday. The breast cancer life...

I'm feeling rather keyed up and anxious tonight. I'm also going for a walk with a friend tomorrow. Hopefully that will help. I hope you have a good Friday. K xox
  • EAA
    EAA Member Posts: 89
    Thanks Kmakm..  
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Good job @kmakm