Night Howls

Comments

• kezmusc
    kezmusc Member Posts: 1,544
    @Zoffiel,
    Good morning. Hmmmm...I feel you.  I don't think our brains have caught up with the fact that the body is uncooperative with hard work these days.  Awake at 3 am contemplating the fact that maybe I should not have barked logs, dug up 6m of poly pipe (which happened to be a lot lot deeper than I thought it would be) and rode horse on same weekend. Lovely  new mattress and doona feel like I'm sleeping on a plank in a solarium. More drugs LOL.  Anyhoo didn't cut any limbs off with chainsaw so that's a bonus.  Have a  good day. xoxo
  • Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    I wondered how you  went with the saw @kezmusc . It can be a real buzz when you get the hang of it :) particularly when you end up with a nice new fence or stack of firewood.
  • Zoffiel
    Cooling the 'whole' of your body?
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    You amaze me @zoffiel and @kezmusc Just standing up at work most of the day leaves me aching all over.  But I do get the "refusal" to give in to this.
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    @kezmusc @zoffiel Ditto. I am in awe of you both!
  • Blossom1961
    Blossom1961 Member Posts: 2,362

• Zoffiel
    It's only pain. I'd rather spend my last days being pleased about all the things I have managed to do rather than regretting the things I didn't have a go at because I knew they were going to hurt my body. The physical pain is worth it (for the most part even though I moan about it) and I'd rather take a pill to manage that  than take a pill to manage a broken soul. These days they seem to be the two options available so I might as well make a choice. Body or brain.
    Today I'm making quince paste and cleaning out the kitchen cupboards. I'm OK with the cooking, but I bloody hate housework and will  grizzle incessantly through the whole process. I'd rather build a whole new kitchen than tidy the old one...
  • kmakm
    Do you grow your own quinces @Zoffiel?

I'll pop by with a cheese platter later...
  • Brenda5
    Brenda5 Member Posts: 2,423
    I couldn't figure out last night why my ribs were so sore and worried maybe cancer was coming back. This morning it dawned on me the great dane Zane jumped at me last night. Mystery solved.
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,523
    Thank god for that, Brenda!

I'm with you on the housework, @Zoffiel - had a big cleanout 18  months ago when our kitchen flooded & was replaced .... but still got too much stuff!!  grrr   Now if only the bedrooms would flood as well!  (Heaven forbid!)

• Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Sounds good @kmakm Maybe we can have a little wine with it.
  • kmakm
    @Sister I'll drink to that.
  • kmakm
    @Sister Oh that's WONDERFUL!!!!