Night Howls

Comments

• Blossom1961
    Blossom1961 Member Posts: 2,362

• JJ70
    JJ70 Member Posts: 983
    Ahh LMAO at the revolving door story @Zoffiel and @AllyJay. Just what I needed!

• JJ70
    So new Tamoxifen (Sanadoz) has started to kick in with its wonderful side-effects.
    This last week the insomnia has settled in. I've had 4 out of 7 nights where I have woken before 4am. One night I got up to check what time it was because I was wide awake and it was only 12:10am FSS!!   Not good. I especially find it raises my anxiety level if I have to work the next day. Today I don't go to work, so I don't mind so much. Tonight I will be hoping for a good night sleep to be able to deal with 26 10/11 year olds and Wednesday nights to deal with 23 5/6 year olds. I am still experimenting with 10mg time release melatonin. I took ONE last night (recommended on bottle) and am awake at 4am.....I tried taking two a couple of nights ago and slept through, so will try this again and get some baseline data on effectiveness for me.
    I see a sleep physician late June, so  will see how that goes too. Lets of friends suggesting all sorts of things from naturopaths and natural remedies from the chemist....I am a bit confused by all that. I think I'll just try one hing at a time or how am I o know what is working and what isn't.

Joint pain also starting back up. Bloody elbows @kmakm!! Honestly, my left elbow - think I'd cut it off right now given half a chance. I can't straighten out my arm without tremendous pain and when I go to pick up something reasonable heavy it complains a great deal. I won't even start on my ankles................
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    I feel you @JJ70. I feel you. My elbows are so tender, lifting anything heavy is painful. And yes, let's not mention the ankles... Poor love, big hug lovely. K xox
  • Blossom1961
    @JJ70 and @kmakm I am so sorry you ladies are going through this pain. My pain has subsided to bearable (without drugs) and yet I am so over it. I would hate to have that excruciating pain again and it saddens me that more isn’t done for you to improve your quality of life. Big snugglehugs. xxx
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    @Blossom1961 Thanks Didi.  :*
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,521
    I am So Sorry to hear that @JJ70 - lack of sleep is just so debilitating.   I've had more deep sleep since starting the oils ..... so very happy with that.   It has also reduced my 24/7 'awareness' of general pain, altho my left hand is still very painful & the fingers very stiff - and my feet are actually hurting too - making me wobble.  Weird!

I thought the Tamoxifen side effects were supposed to be hot flushes - not aching joints  :(    Bugger!

take care xx
  • Blossom1961
    @JJ70 I keep whipping off my jumper or bathrobe at home, usually near my adult daughters room. She would bring it to me later and say, “ here mum, apparently I borrowed this”. She left for overseas a month ago so now I have to find my own discarded clothing.

• kezmusc
    kezmusc Member Posts: 1,544
    Hey @JJ70,

I had about a year of insomnia, or there abouts and yep, it is so much worse when you have to get up for work.  Many, many mornings I went to work on three hours sleep.  Thankfully, it is far better now but it took what seemed like an eternity for it to get better. 
    @Arpie,  the bone and joint aches are just as bad for some people as letrozole.  What started as just lower back and left hip pain is now in my right hip and wrists.  They reckon your body adjusts to this stuff.... hmmmm. Grrrrrrrrr
  • kezmusc
    kezmusc Member Posts: 1,544
    Side note re Tamoxifen.  There is a discussion going on one of the facebook support pages I am on where people have been told not to take turmeric as it lessens Tamoxifens ability to make endoxifen.  Anyone else heard of this.?????
  • JJ70
    Hi @kezmusc - nope not heard that. Lucky I think tumeric lattes are pukeville :p
  • Kiwi Angel
    Kiwi Angel Member Posts: 1,952
    @arpieI have joint pain from tamoxifen - mainly in my ankles. Bearable most of the time compared to some of the ladies on here though. 
  • Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    edited May 2019
    Two hot water bottles, a heat pack, a tramadol, two Panadol and a hound. 3am,  4am  fuckitoclock.
    I might--just might--have over done it yesterday. Pony wrestling in the mud is harder than I remembered. I've got a knee with its own heartbeat and it feels like I've been beaten around the shoulders with a  sturdy stick.
    What's the bet the phone rings this morning and I get called into work.