Why not join the Living with metastatic private group? Access group via the link here.

Fever with Palbociclib

Patti J
Patti J Member, Dragonfly Posts: 589
I am not sure whether I should worry about it but at the moment I have a temperature of 38.1°C. I take Palbociclib. I am very hot but I feel very cold. I am also very sleepy.
Tagged:

Comments

• Blossom1961
    Blossom1961 Member Posts: 2,362
    @Patti J once your temp hits 38 you need to act. Ring the oncology unit at the hospital and they will advise. Infections can’t be played with when you are having chemo.
  • Patti J
    Apparently I am not sick enough. How do they know?
  • Blossom1961
    I went to emergency with a low temp of 34.8 and felt clammy. They told me to go in when I called first. Once there they took some blood, hooked me up to monitors and then sent me home as soon as my temp came up to 36. They were not interested in what caused it. Keep checking your temp and if it goes higher, call them again.
  • KatyJoy
    KatyJoy Member Posts: 181
    @Patti J, I am also taking palbociclib. This drug suppresses immunity in a similar way to chemotherapy drugs, therefore, we are at higher risk of infection than average. A temperature of 38.1 means you should see a doctor. Please let us know how you go, wishing you the very best
    Kate
  • Giovanna_BCNA
    Giovanna_BCNA Member Posts: 1,839
    Hello @PattiJ @KatyJoy is right make sure you seek medical attention.  
  • Blossom1961
    How are you today @Patti J?
  • Kat09
    Kat09 Member, Dragonfly Posts: 269
    @Patti J any temp over 38 should be checked out. My onc told me to make certain I went straight to the hospital if I had a fever over 38. I hope that all's going ok xx
  • iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,543
    @Patti J
    How are you managing? Is that temperature under control?
    Take care 
  • Patti J
    I am in hospital. I have the flu.
  • Blossom1961
    So what a surprise @Patti J. Imagine knowing your body better than the nurses. I hope they apologise to you. Big hugs and I hope you feel better soon
  • iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,543
    edited May 2019
    @Patti J
    The wretched flu!
    Sounds lIke hospital is the best place possible 
    Take care
  • KatyJoy
    KatyJoy Member Posts: 181
    @Patti J, im glad your being looked after. Wishing you a speedy recovery
  • Patti J
    Thank you everyone for your well wishes. Hopefully I  will be going home today. I am hanging out for a decent cup of tea and a slice of toast.
  • Annie C
    Annie C Member Posts: 849
    @Patti J
    I am pleased that you are now well enough to go home. Hospitals just don't make a "cuppa" right. After nine admissions last year for my chronic asthma and exerbations of my breathing, or lack thereof, I much prefer to be at home.

I like my coffee to resemble Kimberley Mud not the wishy washy stewed brew in a plastic mug! 

So enjoy your cup of tea and slice of toast. P,ease keep well

Big Kimberley hugs
    Annie

• Patti J
    Unfortunately I will be in hospital for another day. At least I am off the I.V. antibiotics.